Transfer Deadline Day. Am i imagining it or......

did SI say that there was going to be a lot more made of deadline days.

I'm sure I read / heard this somewhere and was quite looking forward to it. Nothing has changed in this latest version.

If I did imagine it... then I think it's a good idea to make a bit more of transfer deadline days!!

I think it will more apparent in later seasons, in the demo all the teams have spent their budget except for the super rich teams, so there isnt going to be a lot of activity, for what its worth in my city game everton signed 2 players last minute so i think it will be more apparent in the future of your save.

I think it will more apparent in later seasons, in the demo all the teams have spent their budget except for the super rich teams, so there isnt going to be a lot of activity, for what its worth in my city game everton signed 2 players last minute so i think it will be more apparent in the future of your save.

Yes. In a full game save, with more leagues running, i'm sure the last day will be much more fun.

Yes , I seem to recall something mentioned , I did mention it on my first impressions thread , tis a shame really , I really really love

all the hype and drama especially on deadline day

What happens in FIFA?

They have a Sky Sports style transfer deadline day - time remaining / the spendmonitor /breaking news when a high profile player signs for a big club (on my save Torres went to Sunderland for £42 mill - bit unrealistic mind) / loads of clubs making last minute deals etc etc.

Its a bit tacky first time introduced on FIFA but its pretty awesome , I like it

Check it out :thup:

[video=youtube;Bdy2-snOLBY]

That is'nt my save btw lol

think it will come into effect more after the 1st season. there is a lack of transfer budgets in the 1st window and squads are generally sorted. i would love to see it happen but im sure we will also get moaners when their chairman accepts a very late bid for a key player and they dont have time to replace him!

Drama often equals disappointment

The clever manager well organise his transfers well in advance having identified his targets early. Its only the less organised managers that result in last minute panic buys because:

a) they are not organised with no transfer plan

b) they leave things to the last minute

c) they've allowed a player to leave at the last minute

Well thats the way I look at it in game :D. I have all "game" summer to refine my player identification and purchases.

Deadline rush does add to the drama but I'd rather observe than be part of it ;)

The clever manager well organise his transfers well in advance having identified his targets early. Its only the less organised managers that result in last minute panic buys because:

Well thats the way I look at it in game :D. I have all "game" summer to refine my player identification and purchases.

Deadline rush does add to the drama but I'd rather observe than be part of it ;)

Agree with this! One thing that frustrates me about FIFA to do with transfers is that players who came on deadline day already show up in squads at the start of the career... I also looked at deadline day and it seems like it would be painfully slow if you didn't manage a big team...

Back on topic, if there's more 'drama' on deadline day then bring it on. I watched Sky's coverage of the transfer window closing over here in the U.S. and it was brilliant entertainment. If Si can capture some of that excitement in the game then why the hell not?

Sir Alex Ferguson. Finished his transfer before July 1st and look at the success of his transfer strategy.

Totally agree. If I'm still scrabbling around looking for buys on the 31st August then I'm worried. :)

I despise Skys transfer deadline rubbish.

SS : "We've got some major breaking news coming up if you're a fan of TeamX. Stay right where you are because this is front page news"

<ad break>

SS : "Welcome back to Skys coverage of Transfer Deadline day. Before the break we had some big news about TeamX. You heard it here first on Sky Sports News, we understand that a major player is on his way to thrash out personal terms. Could it be Kaka? Perhaps David Villa? Our man on the scene is Ted. So, Ted, any word on who this major superstar is and when they're likely to arrive?"

Ted : "No. I've just spoken to the press secretary, they said they'll be no deals today".

SS : "Okay then. Perhaps John has some news. John.."

John : "Well it's a frantic day here with lots of tweets and texts coming in. Lionel Messi has been seen in a Taxi outside the Stadium of Light"

SS : "Wow that would be a major story. Join us after the break".

<During the break BBC mention jokingly about how Messi is reported near Sunderland>

SS : "We're getting confirmation from the BBC that Messi might just be in Sunderland. You heard it here first on Sky Sports".

*drinks bleach*

• SI Staff
You're confusing SI with EA... Fifa 12 has all that deadline day nonsense, which is actually a farce... FM does the deadline day thing well enough already...

No matter what area of the game you pick there is always something we could do to improve it. Quite often in the game the deadline will pass without much of a peep. There is increased activity but IMO there should be more of a fuss made, teams getting desperate and making silly bids etc. It doesn't need to be crazy mental like Sky Sports News.

Archived