How Do You Price Your Players????

Hi all,

I'm just interested in how you price your players, whether they are important first teamers, hot prospects or rotation players. We have all had that question where we can issue a hands off, sell them at any price or you will only let him go for the right price. How do you work out your right price?

Gut feeling, to be honest.

If I don`t want to sell them, I slap a price tag on them which is generally too high for them. Now, if there are still any interested parties willing to pay 8M for an 18 year old kid in the Dutch Eredivisie that`s fairly promising to me with 4 stars, I can still sell him. But I doubt there will be many teams willing to pay that, unless he really has the potential to go world class. So if Man. United and Barca are on the list, I might reconsider selling him ;)

Depends on lots of factors:

> The profile of the league i'm playing in.

> Gut instinct.

> How much it would cost to fork out for a better replacement.

> Player's wage (I mentally add this to the sale value).

> If they are disruptive and/or agitating for a move.

> Level of interest from other clubs.

> Size and financial clout of interested clubs.

> Whether i'm selling to league rival.

Agree with ToffeeViola.

I have to add in answer to the OP that the transfer speculation options are all advertisements to sell the player. A translation would be: Hands off = I want a hefty price, Any offer = I'll accept all offers (unsure if this is actually set in the transfer options - it was in one FM and I have never used it since), Right Price = I want a good offer.

In other words, telling the media that other clubs should just stay away is a strategy to get the most out of a player that you want to sell. If you really don't want to sell him, don't reply to transfer speculations.

As a quick rule of thumb, i usually double his value given by the game.

Then once i actually look deeper into the players value to the club, his role, wages etc.. then sort out from there... Which ends up about "His Value + 75% = Sale"

Doesn't that depend quite a bit on what level you're playing at? Having managed at all levels I found that when you start getting into the top half of the PL you should probably be looking to sell your players for more like 3-4x their assigned value.

i kind of go with a pricing structure

Key players = unsellable (end of)

Bench players (that would be key players for good CL teams) = 20m

First-teamers = 15-20m

Bench players = 15m

Play a few games per season (and does well) = 10m

Hot prospect = 7.5m (roughly)

Fresh academy players = 3m (or whatever i can get)

Players that never play for me = 5m (or highest bidder)

of course, it also depends on who i have in mind as replacement (replacing Torje with a freebie would mean that he would be sold for a bit less than if i was signing Srna or someone)

also, players to teams in the same country will get a 25% increase... end of

I normally have a rule of 'how much would it cost me to replace a player of this quality'? For example if I sell Michael Dawson, the kind of quality you're looking at to replace him is probably somewhere around the 10-12m mark (or slightly more because of the english thing). So I'd only sell him for less than that if he was going to leave on a free.

i kind of go with a pricing structure

Key players = unsellable (end of)

Bench players (that would be key players for good CL teams) = 20m

First-teamers = 15-20m

Bench players = 15m

Play a few games per season (and does well) = 10m

Hot prospect = 7.5m (roughly)

Fresh academy players = 3m (or whatever i can get)

Players that never play for me = 5m (or highest bidder)

of course, it also depends on who i have in mind as replacement (replacing Torje with a freebie would mean that he would be sold for a bit less than if i was signing Srna or someone)

also, players to teams in the same country will get a 25% increase... end of

That structure seems quite rigid , for your "bench player" only 20m for a brillant player seems low

It really depends on the league, reputation of your team and consequent value of your players but i will normally set a price which i consider the minimum sale value.

It's a good way to also avoid the chairman going over your head selling players with low offers which seems to happen often if you don't set a price for the player.

Archived