Watching an Assistant controlled match

I've wondered quite a lot about this. Especially when you go on holiday and you uncheck 'use current tactics'. I've done that a few times and then the assman gets brilliant results.

I've often found myself wondering what tactics they used. I'm pretty sure there's no way to find out though :(

Although you can't do the "assman controls, tick view" thing, surely you can just go back and rewatch an old match? It generates the match report, so it must be possible to watch the "video highlights" version? Rather than 'live'.

Yeah I've tried it numerous times but it is not possible (Not tried in FM12 but doubt it's possible there). It's a shame because I would like to "sit back and watch" especially my friendlies to be able to focus on how players are doing rather than getting annoyed that they do not understand the tactics. Something managers IRL tend to do every now and again.

Granted, in FM there is no real need for this because of the different camera angles, replays etc. But it would be a nice (and fairly easy to implement) feature.

Archived