FM12 Activation System

Hi All,

Quick question regarding this new activation system, what is the actual point in it?

Yes some of you will be thinking "have you not read the topic?! It's to stop piracy"

Well, funnily enough it won't. This will still get pirated, how many pieces of software are out there that cost 10 times the price of FM get pirated year after year, just to name a few... Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe products such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver, even applications like QuickBooks is pirated! So what makes FM's method so special?

It doesn't, it WILL get hacked, not by me because I haven't a clue how to do all that stuff lol but my point is there is no stopping it, FM is just making the process longer for paying customers like YOU and ME!

So my question is... WHY?!

Kurtis

Every game will get "pirated" no matter the source its used to be "activated"

Steam is actually very good, I myself use Steam and have had no problems what so ever, and most of my mates use it. Cheap bargains :) The only gripe I have is that any new games are usually about £5-£10 more on steam then if you were to buy from online stores (play.com etc)

Other than that, just get used to the idea, Steam is the way forward! :)

Would help if you talked about a specific part in this article? Because I've read through it and nothing in there answers my question.

Q. Why choose Steam?

A. We chose Steam as they offer us the best protection against pre-release date Piracy.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275972-Football-Manager-2012-Activation-Steam-FAQ

Why?

Read the thread.

PS. Doesn't make the process any "longer".

PPS. It's not "new" either. It's just that now it's not an option to not use it.

Ok I suppose downloading Steam and installing it, setting up an account and using Steam to authenticate isn't any longer...

It's been talked to death.

Nobody claims it will stop piracy. It will delay it.

Last year, many people cancelled their pre-orders the same day the pirated version became available.

This year the cancelations of pre-orders have dropped dramatically.

It will increase sales.

People that hack will hack. People that will steal will steal.

Don't steal. Report hacked versions to SI or Sega.

Use Steam to play FM12. Or don't use Steam and don't play FM12.

It's been talked to death.

Nobody claims it will stop piracy. It will delay it.

Last year, many people cancelled their pre-orders the same day the pirated version became available.

This year the cancelations of pre-orders have dropped dramatically.

It will increase sales.

People that hack will hack. People that will steal will steal.

Don't steal. Report hacked versions to SI or Sega.

Use Steam to play FM12. Or don't use Steam and don't play FM12.

Thank you for clearing this up, wasn't aware of how many people got it before release date! :)

Archived