Steam just updated game & restarted game during the game: lost some gameplay :(

Hi

Never had this before but Steam just restarted the game with a quick fast reinstallation (or update or something that resembled either!)?

There I was just having beaten Man City 1-0 as NUFC at home, progressed to the press conference and was just about to go into last day of transfer and BAM, it went 1%>35%>100% and then had the temerity to restart the game and I had to load from the last save!

K

• Administrators

Was there not a Steam pop-up? Steam will always pop up and ask if you want to 'update Steam' - could you perhaps have pressed the 'Enter' button when this happened which caused this to happen? The way Steam is designed it can't update without asking the user first. Let me know if this could have happened. Thanks.

Strange - I had a 100% record 7 wins 1 draw and just lost 5-1 @ home to Brighton , has the update changed the difficulty level?

Plus it didnt give me an option to update , just did it anyway! , this is exactely why so many people detest steam me included!

Add to that I keep getting annoying pop-ups/advertising (I don't play any other simulations!!) , I just want to be left alone to play FM! Not being interupted when Steam decides to send them , making the game minumise! and it installed some sound driver that messed up my sound settings , had to find the driver disable/ uninstall the friggin thing!

Add to that I keep getting annoying pop-ups/advertising (I don't play any other simulations!!) , I just want to be left alone to play FM! Not being interupted when Steam decides to send them , making the game minumise! and it installed some sound driver that messed up my sound settings , had to find the driver disable/ uninstall the friggin thing!

Preferences > Interface > Notify me... box at the bottom.

Strange - I had a 100% record 7 wins 1 draw and just lost 5-1 @ home to Brighton , has the update changed the difficulty level?

Plus it didnt give me an option to update , just did it anyway! , this is exactely why so many people detest steam me included!

steam cant restart the game without your say so. and the pop ups can be turned off via preferences, and dont pop up in game

Perhaps you missed it by hitting enter, but it should be there.

Steam doesn't install sound drivers, only ATI graphics card drivers. You can disable popups by going to Steam -> Settings -> Interface -> Notify me (with steam instant messages) about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases.

There was indeed a Steam update issued today. Steam has to close + restart before it can update itself, so if you're running any games launched via Steam they will indeed close. You must have had the game running and then you updated Steam. Just make sure in future that you update before you launch then there won't be any problems.

I suppose he meant some update for Steam, not FM I think?

Anyway, this Steam hating is getting out of hand. Steam does not force you to update itself immediately, you can postpone it. You can also disable those notifications about recent releases etc. if pop-ups irritate you. And it shouldn't do that while in-game anyway. And Steam definitely does not secretly update your drivers (you can manually update your graphics card drivers through steam if you like). Let me sum this up: check the options before you start flaming!!!

Perhaps you missed it by hitting enter, but it should be there.

Steam doesn't install sound drivers, only ATI graphics card drivers. You can disable popups by going to Steam -> Settings -> Interface -> Notify me (with steam instant messages) about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases.

Ahhh I see thanx for help fella :thup: , Im new to Steam so I suppose I'l get used to it

There was indeed a Steam update issued today. Steam has to close + restart before it can update itself, so if you're running any games launched via Steam they will indeed close. You must have had the game running and then you updated Steam. Just make sure in future that you update before you launch then there won't be any problems.

Steam will not close the game unless you click the big restart button.

I suppose he meant some update for Steam, not FM I think?

Anyway, this Steam hating is getting out of hand. Steam does not force you to update itself immediately, you can postpone it. You can disable those notifications if pop-ups irritate you. And it shouldn't do that while in-game anyway. And Steam definately does not secretly update your drivers (you can manually update your graphics card drivers through steam if you like). Let me sum this up: check the options before you start flaming!!!

Hey! I Was'nt flaming and I'm entitled to my own opnion thank you very much! :p ,some members like it, others do not

Hey! I Was'nt flaming and I'm entitled to my own opnion thank you very much! :p ,some members like it, others do not

Heh, sorry if I seemed a bit aggressive. What I meant was that people seem to hate Steam pretty frivolously (I'm not a Steam fanboy). It's really not your "opinion" if you have missed the facts, now is it?

But yeah, I guess this thread was already somewhat concluded many posts ago.

Was there not a Steam pop-up? Steam will always pop up and ask if you want to 'update Steam' - could you perhaps have pressed the 'Enter' button when this happened which caused this to happen? The way Steam is designed it can't update without asking the user first. Let me know if this could have happened. Thanks.

Thats' a possibility as I have FM in window mode? Never had an issue before so looks like human error!

Archived