Injuries & Condition effect on performance

Hey played FM for many years and have always wondered what effect condition has on performance. For example if I leave on my striker with 50% condition do his stats drop by half? or just the physical aspects? or does it have no effect. Reason I ask is I have seen so often when a player has a niggly injury or low condition they still play well - often MOM well - so i'm unsure whether to sub them if they are my best players.

Please can someone who knows the answer help solve this for me! Cheers!

p.s FM2012 - AMAZING!!!

It stands to reason that the lower the condition, the lower the performance but it's not as if 75% condition = all stats at 75%. Playing a play returning from injury and still not fully fit is very risky and can often do more harm than good to the player.

As mentioned, low 70s is a good indicator of a player due replacement but also check the assistant feedback throughout the game and see what he suggests.

Some things that i notice from players with high (80+) and low (75 and below) conditions are:

Low condition makes them slow in reacting to situations.

More likely to be less motivated and loss of form.

Prone to making errors like less accurate shoot/pass, bad defending.

Some things that i notice from players with high (80+) and low (75 and below) conditions are:

Low condition makes them slow in reacting to situations.

More likely to be less motivated and loss of form.

Prone to making errors like less accurate shoot/pass, bad defending.

I would have thought this but i have seen players with low condition - 50%-60% outstripping the opposition when there pace and acceleration are only marginally better. I have also seen them play the most amazing one touch accurate passing, and strikers bursting into the box and finishing as gracefully as a swan. I wonder if SI can shed some light on the science of condition effect on performance.

Have searched forums and not foung anything but players "assumptions"

• 4 weeks later...

ok so another game, another problem... seriously does condition not effect performance at all???? stupid attribute. along with too many corner goals, too many goals immediately after you score, and too many wordly headed passes this game is really getting on my tits. so close to being so good, but these few problems make it seem so far away,,,

Archived