Bought via STEAM this year - how many others doing the same?

Since SI have taken all the fun out of the yearly race to find a store locally that's managed to get the game in early and is willing to sell it to desperate soles like me who simply can't wait...or those who, also like me find themselves at Asda at midnight etc...

I've decided to buy FM12 via Steam.

£29.99 but hey, if Steam's as good as some people say, then it should be worth it, right?

So far, my purchase has been authorised but I can't download it yet (I know I can't play it until 21st but thought when I'd bought it I could then download it ready - will this automatically happen soon?)

Anyone else doing the above?

Eh?

3 hours ago you slammed Steam and created a thread about pre-ordering a hard copy.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277914-If-the-boxed-FM12-comes-BEFORE-21.10.11-can-I-play-it?p=7155014&viewfull=1#post7155014

That's a very swift change of heart.

"Slammed"?

I think that's a bit of a strong word. I said I don't trust Steam, still dont but I've decided to give it a go, if I don't give it a go, I can't really comment on how good/bad Steam is...

So please don't try to be so 'clever' and make out I'm saying something I'm not.

Archived