Which netbook should I buy?

I've always wanted a Netbook, and not a Notebook as it's smaller and easier to hide at work. But I need help on what kind to get. I was thinking the Acer Aspire One D255-N55DQkk 10" Black Netbook

or the Asus EEE 1015PEM-BLK047S N550 10.1" Netbook ...

I was leaning towards the Asus more. It has better battery life but I have no idea which CPU and GPU is better. What do you guys think?

Here are the links for specs:

Asus http://www.scanmalta.com/eshop/asus-eee-1015pem-blk047s-10-1-netbook.html

Acer http://www.scanmalta.com/eshop/acer-asprire-one-d255-10-white-netbook.html

I'm buying one mostly for FM games. Not call of duty or FIFA games.

Will FM work good on any of these, if so, how good?

Thanks!

You can't play Football Manager without a netbook skin no, and nearly all netbooks on the market wouldn't be able to handle the 3D graphics!

SI not say much apart from that it isn't supported!

this is a 11.6 netbook that i have - 3D match engine works on highest setting. at 279.99 its a bargain - baring in mind it has 512mb dedicated graphics

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Netbook-Windows-Premium/dp/B0056PDKWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318424117&sr=8-1

Might as well stick with a normal laptop thought for that price lol! I mean I know there are some out there that a mini laptops that are cheaper! Not saying that ain't no good because it looks mint!

• Administrators

Football Manager is not officially supported on netbooks. Some users have been able to get it to work in the past using community skins, but as said it is not officially supported. Thanks.

2GB RAM on on Windows 7 64 bit leaves little room for FM to run efficiently

Indeed. a Normal work flow on my pc and Win7 uses 1,7 gb ram.

Win8 will use 200 mb at fresh install.. It will be a godsend for netbooks.

---

DONT BUY NETBOOK FOR FM

I bought the ASUS for me missis, and i tried FM2011 - Not very well to be honest, i dont view the 3D aspect of the game, only commentary. It was quite sluggish but playable (only had the English leagues on both)

Netbooks are more geared towards internet/email use. Plus for around the 300-400 mark, you could get a better laptop which is not only quicker, bigger (personal) and would have the capability to imrpove you overall gameplay.. Due to loading more leagues/larger DB etc..

Yeah I guess that's why my FM is pretty slow lol. I'm on a 2GB Win 7/64 bit. I know this might sound a bit silly but... If I installed Windows XP would my system run better?

way better.

Damn, really? Sorry to sound like a fool but in what ways would I notice the difference? Applications running smoother?

Win XP uses 1 GB (ruffly) for its Operating System

Win 7 uses 2 GB (ruffly)

4 GB is the minimum for any PC setup used for gaming, alothough XP wont recongise anything over 4GB.. (even if you have 8GB installed)

Archived