If the boxed FM12 comes BEFORE 21.10.11 - can I play it?

Will STEAM let me activate the game and play my LEGALLY purchased game before 00:01 on 21/10/11?

Lots of us don't trust Steam to buy and download from them, so for those of us that pre-order elsewhere, Amazon, Play.com or a local retailer etc, and the game arrives early by a day or two, can we still activate and play our game or will we only be able to play the game after midnight?

Thanks.

Is this officially confirmed? I can't find that written but I'm still looking.

Yes it always has been the same.

Although not for FM12 specifically, here are some offical words from a previous version:

"That decision (to stick to the release date) was taken to try to give everyone a level playing field, for retailers it should mean that there is less incentive to break street date and less disadvantage that do the responsible thing and sell the game on the day of release. For players it means that everyone gets to play the game at the same time and those that have bought or pre-ordered from retailers that hold to the release date aren't left in a position where they wait for their copy whilst others are playing the game."

"Despite this, it seems that some retailers are selling the game already. That's disappointing for us as it causes problems and disappointment for the people buying the game, as they won't be able to play it until the release date."

Can I ask then, how many people are expected to want to ACTIVATE the game at 00:01 and is there a queing system?

Can STEAM handle the thousands of requests for a code?

I DO NOT WANT TO BE LEFT WAITING UNTIL 2AM to get an activation code....

This is my worry and why I asked the original Q

Many thanks

Can I ask then, how many people are expected to want to ACTIVATE the game at 00:01 and is there a queing system?

Many thanks

My word you're a bit desperate. It's just a COMPUTER GAME, buddy.

Dont know why developers think steam will solve there problems, the hackers will just jump over the hurdles they put in place.

And then we have all the idiots here who crack their games come and complain about "bugs" that only come on cracked versions.

Developers can handle hackers pretty well these days.

Many thanks

How could anyone possibly answer this? It's down to the steam servers.

Considering the house 35m users worldwide I don't think there will be an issue, but there could be.

And you don't get an activation code, your game is Activated through steam, automagically.

And then we have all the idiots here who crack their games come and complain about "bugs" that only come on cracked versions.

Developers can handle hackers pretty well these days.

True although not always the case.

i think most people pirate to get the game early, perhaps if devlopers didnt leave so long between the game going gold and release date there wouldnt be as bigger chance of it being leaked.

but on the flip side having a release date allows time for pre orders and hype and launch day patch, question is do they make more money through that marketing stratergy then what they lose to pirates

Many thanks

Steam is a massive company that should be able to deal with the FM traffic without difficulty.

Archived