Small Transfer Budget with City?

I'm starting my third season with Man City. In the first year we won the Premier League, but last year we came in fifth, below expectations. However, we did win the Champions League and FA cup. I just got my "start of season expectations" email, and the expectation is that we win the Premier League -- but only with a $15m transfer budget? This seems weird, since we made a big profit last year and just got a new kit sponsorship deal. Is this normal?

Same board, but balance is -$38m. I had about $100m left in my transfer budget after the season ended, and I bought a few players, using most of it. Maybe that's why? Even though overall I'm making profits most months. I also noticed they only made 25% of transfer revenue available -- so pre-season expectation budgets are solely based on the current balance at the time they are generated?

so pre-season expectation budgets are solely based on the current balance at the time they are generated?

I think they are.

I can only presume that as you've been spending all the money available to you (and FM always seems to give you more than you should really be spending), you're at a poor enough position to warrant such a measly budget.

I wouldn't worry. I don't doubt that either the Sheikh will invest some money, or as your balance increases, the board will make additional funds available in time.

Archived