Which players to load for Lower League game?

I was going to post this on the General Discussion forum but I can see the potential for spoilers, so here's my question:

Every year I play a lower league team and usually start with a BSS/BSN team (until a level 10 or 11 database download becomes available).

These are the nations I usually load:

UK & Ireland

Reunion (Obviously!)

France

Holland

Players with National Reputation from Europe

That brings me to about 40,000 players but my PC could probably handle about 20,000 more.

I was wondering what players you load / would recommend me to load to get some lower league gems.

Also, what are your thoughts on Reunion players? Do you buy them as it tends to make the game easy for the first couple of seasons...

netherland antilles

romania

scandanavian countries

some of the best ones for me have come from duel nationality south american countries.... brazil is full of brazilian/italians etc who will come for free and are obviously ridiculous in the technical aspect of their games.

saying that, each game always seems to have one country that is a gold mine for youngsters... 2010 was ukraine for me for instance

2012 might be different still, i know im going to be scouring turkey and the smaller eastern european countries as they seem to have produced some quality last few years which might be reflected in the game.

Simple answer if your PC can handle it...

As many leagues/countries as you can! :D

I usually have games which include a database of around 150k plus players. I also have most of the European leagues running too. Can obviously take a little longer processing between matches, but not so much that it affects the way I play FM.

Countries like Netherlands Antilles, Reunion, along with other small nations don't actually feature that many players, so have next to no impact on the speed of the game by making sure they're loaded at the start. The beauty with nations like those, is that they're colonies, so the players will have second EU nationalities and not require work permits.

So brush up on your geography and look at loading smaller nations that are dependencies and former colonies of countries like Britain, France, Holland, Spain, Portugal... as there's usually some hidden gems that you'll miss if you don't load the country data for them. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So would current overseas territories for European countries mean that players there would most likely have a second nationality of the European Sovereign?

For example, a lot of Caribbean countries are under British sovereignty. Would their players possibly have British as a second nationality?

Same for Netherlands Antilles being dutch and various African countries being French?

For realism and to avoid work permit problems, I'd load all the EU nations.

In the BSN myself, I keep offering contracts to African kids who've been released by English clubs, only to be refused a work permit. They were good to sit in the reserves at the likes of Wycombe, but can't come to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived