cut off time for injuries and other events - idea

I think there should arise a new debate, regarding the cut-off time for injuries and other events.

If the game is to start at July 1, then all injuries, suspensions etc that are to be included in the game, should have to occur BEFORE aforementioned date.

Tbh, I would also like the transfers that happens after a certain date (in this case, July 1) NOT to be included as well.

The reason for this is that we are supposed to start a "new reality" from said date, and events that occur IRL AFTER said date should therefore NOT occur BEFORE said date in the game.

If the game is to start at July 15, then the real-life July 15 should be the "holy date" and so on.

To throw a little more gas on the fire, I'd like for the game to start as late as Aug 1, so one can include as many real-life incidents as possible without interfering with my aforementioned arguments.

Of course, this would mean that we would (for FM12) start the game WITH Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas, and WITHOUT Mertesacker, Santos and Park, but this would actually, imo, contribute to MORE realism to the game.

-M

I think there should arise a new debate, regarding the cut-off time for injuries and other events.

If the game is to start at July 1, then all injuries, suspensions etc that are to be included in the game, should have to occur BEFORE aforementioned date.

Tbh, I would also like the transfers that happens after a certain date (in this case, July 1) NOT to be included as well.

The reason for this is that we are supposed to start a "new reality" from said date, and events that occur IRL AFTER said date should therefore NOT occur BEFORE said date in the game.

If the game is to start at July 15, then the real-life July 15 should be the "holy date" and so on.

To throw a little more gas on the fire, I'd like for the game to start as late as Aug 1, so one can include as many real-life incidents as possible without interfering with my aforementioned arguments.

Of course, this would mean that we would (for FM12) start the game WITH Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas, and WITHOUT Mertesacker, Santos and Park, but this would actually, imo, contribute to MORE realism to the game.

-M

Off topic for an Arsenal thread, but I'll still reply that this won't happen. No need to discuss it further here, but you can raise it as an idea in the general discussions forum (and probably get the idea rejected).

EDIT: Post moved by Powlay to GQ.

-M

If you feel so strongly, then the editor is there to be used as you see fit.

Hi - Not sure I agree really since thats also like saying its the same cut-off date for transfers which we'd agree to be daft as the window ends end Aug/early Sept.

The VERY VAST MAJORITY will want ALL summer transfers included in the database released with the game. I think you would be in a tiny majority for anything different

I understand your reasons because you want Team funds at that point the same and let the player (us) manager to spend it which may be different to how the real life manager has from that date. I just think the reality will be that all game players will want to keep it as current.

That said lets see what people think

I'm pretty much fine with the way it is already handled. Sure it is a bit weird starting a game on the last patch with all the January transfers and injuries present on July 1st, but it's never really bothered me. By the time the game is released, and the final patch is released, I want to be using the most up to date database possible. It is weird and unrealistic, but after I press continue for the first time the game diverges pretty quickly from reality (mainly based on the fact that no proper/sane football club would ever appoint me manager :lol:).

-M

I don't even think SI would be allowed to release a game with Cesc not playing for Barcelona or Mertesacker for Arsenal. Licences don't work like that.

see majority is against idea so i thought just to post and back up OP.

this is exactly why i always sim to 1st january and pick up there. it just feels unrealistic. ideally there should be both databases but i am afraid it will never happen.

Yeah, although I don't do it like that, I see why you would.

It's something about starting the game in July, and have all the players that came in through the doors on August 31st IRL that seems a bit "off"..

Many of those transfers would (probably/maybe) not have occured had it not been for the fact that they were done on Aug 31 ("panic shopping").

Anyway, my point was just to try to launch a debate to wether the "cut-off" dates for injuries, suspensions and transfers (and whatever can be included in this "mess"..) should be somewhat closer (or the same as) the starting date in-game.

One thing could be something in-between, that you take the start of the season, subtract say two weeks, and have the cut-off date there, AND the start of the game there aswell.

i quite like an idea similar to his

you have future transfers (for Jan or whatever) that allows you to do whatever, rather than have the player signed in Jan there on July-1

so for example, Mertesacker would have a transfer arranged to Arsenal on Aug-31

of course, you then run the risk of cup-tieing players (the AI might cup-tie Mertesacker and you could cup-tie Fabregas) which kind of defeats the point

i quite like an idea similar to his

you have future transfers (for Jan or whatever) that allows you to do whatever, rather than have the player signed in Jan there on July-1

so for example, Mertesacker would have a transfer arranged to Arsenal on Aug-31

of course, you then run the risk of cup-tieing players (the AI might cup-tie Mertesacker and you could cup-tie Fabregas) which kind of defeats the point

But I'd rather have it WITHOUT "future" transfers aswell. The transfer of Mertesacker was done by Wenger on Aug 31, if I'm to replace Wenger on, say Aug 1, it's not certain that I would be to make that transfer when Aug 31 comes along (or before).

Therefore I'd like a date (the start date in-game) after which ALL transfers, injuries, suspensions etc that happen IRL is NOT included in the game at all..

I can see that this is a little unrealistic to hope for, but I try to raise the topic nonetheless, maybe in hope of some support..

As soon as you start the game you branch from real life transfers anyway so I'd see no point

No, you don't.

You start the game in July, with (in this instance) Arsenal, and there, in the middle of July, there's no Nasri, no Cesc, no Bendtner and an long-time injured Johnny Wilshere, but there's an Arteta, a Mertesacker etc, even though in the middle of July IRL, there was the other way around at Arsenal..

THAT'S the point I'm trying to change.

-M

• Administrators

If you want it like that as someone said you can do it yourself in the data editor. We don't have the resources to do it in more than one way and the majority like it the way it is. Thanks.

No, you don't.

You start the game in July, with (in this instance) Arsenal, and there, in the middle of July, there's no Nasri, no Cesc, no Bendtner and an long-time injured Johnny Wilshere, but there's an Arteta, a Mertesacker etc, even though in the middle of July IRL, there was the other way around at Arsenal..

THAT'S the point I'm trying to change.

-M

LOL - You do branch from real life as soon as you start. Yourself and all other AI managers will start buying / selling / loaning players from the moment you press continue. This will not have been matched by the teams irl

LOL - You do branch from real life as soon as you start. Yourself and all other AI managers will start buying / selling / loaning players from the moment you press continue. This will not have been matched by the teams irl

Don't you see what I write?

My point is that when you start the game in July, you start the game with (again, in this instance Arsenal) Mikel Arteta and André Santos (amongst others) who, IRL, came to Arsenal in late August. That means that for the next (approx.) 2 months in-game (July-August), you play with these players as if they had all their pre-season training etc with Arsenal, while IRL they spent their pre-seasons in other clubs (and in some cases, other countries). That's what I mean when I say you don't branch from real life when you start the game.

If you want it like that as someone said you can do it yourself in the data editor. We don't have the resources to do it in more than one way and the majority like it the way it is. Thanks.

I know that's a possibility, but what I try to do is to see wether others feel the same way, and if, in some time, that comes to be the case, then (hopefully I'd say) maybe things will change..

I know you can't do both, even that's what would be the best to please everyone, and as long as the majority wants it the way it is, it's ok with me, but like I said, maybe the opinion will come around sometime.

-M

I have to say that I agree. Even though I know there are not many of us who feel this way, hence why it will never happen. Its the same how I don't like the fact that the January transfers are included with fixes to the game, if I need one of those fixes I have to have the January Transfers aswell. I would like the same team that finished the season before so we can make our own choices.But because we are the minority we have to work around it and spend ages undoing every transfer in the database. Not just our club. Now I haven't the time do that, so I have to put up with it, I had to when Villa signed Heskey and now N'Zogbia (I know its me but I don't rate him, he was a good player in a mediocre team. I would also but Gareth Barry in the bracket) but like I said I got to put up with it, if N'Zogbia and Heskey help me win a cup then happy days.

I don't see this ever happening. Doing it that way, you may as well say to SI "choose a date, and after you've got everything correct for that date then release it asap" (awkward especially if a club is in the middle of negotiations and the player joins a day later than the 'deadline'). I just don't see it happening.

Archived