Question about adding leagues after having started the game

As I read it, it is possible to add leagues/countries after you have already started a game. Whereas in previous versions you were limited to whatever you pick when you start the game and not being able to add/remove leagues you picked in the beginning, FM 2012 apparently has the option to let you add/remove leagues while you`re playing - except that they only get applied when the next season starts.

So the question is: is it possible to add new leagues with the editor and add them into the game at a later stage so they become visible (and playable) just like when you add regular leagues? So like, you add the other leagues below the BSN/BSS in 2014 and they will become visible in 2015. If that is possible, are there any restrictions to it?

That`s fair, thanks for pointing it out. I seem to have overlooked that line somehow ...

But that means I have to either start, or wait with a new game until we have finished the new leagues. At times like these it`s a shame we don`t have the editor in handy already, or else we could`ve started on the new leagues already and play them when the game comes out :)

I'd also be concerned that this is where bugs could get in and crash the game. I'm keeping a close eye on Uncle Ron's outstanding work on the English lower leagues to see if his FM12 file will be stable. I'm sure his will, and I'll load it up and start at the lowest level. However, I'd be wary of adding someone else's Andorran 3rd division 5 seasons in until I've read a lot of feedback from others.

Im struggling to find confirmation but can you remove leagues aswell? so If you're for say Boston and get promoted to league one, could you remove the leagues below to speed up the game? I have always had a gradual decline in performance from previous fm games after about 5 seasons and I was wondering if this would help?

Archived