Why are Under 21 players showing as ineligible for the Champions league

as the title suggests,

I'm Man City and my young players (Neymar -19 for example) are coming up as ineligible for Euro matches.

I didn't include him in the squad, but that shouldn't matter right? players born before a certain don't don't need to be included?

Bug? or is it a new rule?

There is a new rule only players under 21 that have not been at the club for 2 years continuous have to be registered

How does that affect players in the FM world that aren't "born" until they're 15/16? Do they count as having spent 2 years at the club?

How does that affect players in the FM world that aren't "born" until they're 15/16? Do they count as having spent 2 years at the club?

not until they have spent 2 years as a pro at the club, if they came into the game at 15/16 they would qualify at 17/18 as long as they have not been out on loan.

Never knew about this until after selecting my squad for Europe too. The players should now only have the U21 symbol next to their name if they don't need to be registered AND are under 21, not just based on their age (when selecting a squad for European competitions etc)... something needs to be done anyway to make this clearer!

do you guys not read the rules at the bottom of the screen? :D

Its all clearly stated in the game.

It's not made obvious. This is a rule change. And so people thought they understood them. The fact it's stated at the bottom of the screen is good.

But it needs to be obvious next to a players name in the Inf column. Otherwise you'll have to be checking individual players to see if they are at the club 2 years.

And then there is bound to the odd one that you think were at the club 2 years but haven't quite fulfilled the quota.

Its not SI's fault the rule changed, there were no highlighted players on screen when this rule came into play you had to read the rules to know what was going on, the rules are clearly stated on the screen and you can see how many players you have picked who come under the rule on the same screen.

I don't think it's clearly marked by the UI.

Players who need to be registered should be coloured differently.

This! It would be a very simple thing to implement, and with that everything would be clear.

The rules at the bottom of the screen (in the selection screen) aren't 100% clear, because it refers to players under a certain age (this is simple to check) and they must be at the club for the past 2 years (harder to check for someone who don't know the team and the players very well).

For example, a player that is at the club for the past 2 years, under 20yo, but the last year was loan off. Needs to be register to CL?

Its not SI's fault the rule changed, there were no highlighted players on screen when this rule came into play you had to read the rules to know what was going on, the rules are clearly stated on the screen and you can see how many players you have picked who come under the rule on the same screen.

There's an info column relating to players who are U21. These are Green. They could colour the players Inf box as Orange or Red and have "U21" in it. This would indicate they are not at the club 2 years.

Nobody is blaming Si for rule changes. But they need to make things clearer and have an Inf column, so why not use it?

Actually it's probably thanks to Football Manager that this rule was implemented, it stops clubs buying all the top quality youngsters and then expect them to play in the CL.

The rule is going to confuse some people, but as soon as they know it's changed they'll know for the next time they come to register.

One other thing that could come in handy, especially when good newgens start to come out:

When you get a player report (a young player), your scout could say something like:

"Player X his under 20yo, but you must register him, in other for him to play in CL, in the next 2 years"... something like that! Because in some cases this could be the different between making (or not) the deal.

The rule is going to confuse some people, but as soon as they know it's changed they'll know for the next time they come to register.

Too late then and it will annoy people. There is no way that a manager in real life would not know this, or if they forgot to include someone I'm sure the Ass man would say it to them before submitting the squad.

It just needs to be made apparent in the UI that U21 player is not eligible and must be registered. It's there for other things. Why not this?

There is no way that a manager in real life would not know this, or if they forgot to include someone I'm sure the Ass man would say it to them before submitting the squad.

There is no way a manager would go into a comp without making sure he knew the rules before hand ;)

Its written on the screen where you choose the squad!!!! Are we not suppose to read these rules?

If that was the case, why does it show which players are home grown and which players are U21. Why not leave the info clear and we have to figure it out ourselves by either looking at the player histories or just selecting players to see which criteria they fill.

If that was the case, why does it show which players are home grown and which players are U21. Why not leave the info clear and we have to figure it out ourselves by either looking at the player histories or just selecting players to see which criteria they fill.

There you go then, it already shows you, if they dont have an under 21 beside their name then they dont qualify, whats everyone complaining about?

Regulations of the UEFA Champions League

2011/12

Conditions for registration: List B

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

I don't have the demo so can't see what rules are shown in the game. Forgive me if I have misunderstood the rules, but it appears that you can add or change any eligible players on the 'B' List before each match.

Regulations of the UEFA Champions League

2011/12

Conditions for registration: List B

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

I don't have the demo so can't see what rules are shown in the game. Forgive me if I have misunderstood the rules, but it appears that you can add or change any eligible players on the 'B' List before each match.

There is no such list in the game, its done automaticly. Only difference is the new "2 year at club" rule. I would imagine players would loan out way less players due to this rule now.

Archived