Anyone set up a Trial Day yet?

I only just noticed this feature when I went to ask the board for a parent club, unfortunately it was greyed out after I asked so I didnt get to try it.

So I thought I would ask and see if anyone else has tried it.

So, has anyone had a trial day yet?

I asked for it but never got it :(

I just did a new quick start just so I could ask.

Sacked off all the players first then said to the board we need a trial day

They said they were happy with what we had or something similar!!! We have 1 DC in the squad who I kept to provide a benchmark!!!

Really want to see this in action now!!!

I asked for it while managing Deportivo (spanish second division) and got it. Basically you get a "2 new teams" called trialists. So you have you youth team, your reserves, your 1st team and those "trialists". They stay at the club for a while (don't know how long because my demo reached january an i wasn't able to play more) without being payed and you can offer them a permanent contract or release them whenever you want.

Not very good players though. AT least for me.

I only just noticed this feature when I went to ask the board for a parent club, unfortunately it was greyed out after I asked so I didnt get to try it.

So I thought I would ask and see if anyone else has tried it.

So, has anyone had a trial day yet?

Managed to persuade my Sunderland board to let me have one and it wasn't good!

There were only 2 players aged over 18 in the 2 squads.

None of the Under 18 players would ever make it at anything above League 2 according to my scouting team.

From the 2 older players, 1 of them could probably just about get into somebodies squad in League 1 as a backup player and the other would probably end up in the starting XI at a League 1 club.

So, for lower league managers, they might be useful, but for higher leagues, pointless (in my opinion).

Ok, just started a new game as Weston-super-Mare in the Blue Square South and again managed to get my board to put on a trial day.

Got my scout to report on all 32 players involved and he came up with the following current ability star ratings for them:

5 star - 3 players

4.5 star - 11 players

4 star - 5 players

3.5 star - 7 players

3 star - 0 players

2.5 star - 6 players

It did also turn up a couple of surprising players that I don't think you would ever normally find in the game as I personally believe that your assistant would filter them out as unreliable targets.

i did it as Arsenal and found that Francis Jeffers was about the highest rep player (or player that i could recognise)

a few ex-players seem to turn up (for a big club)

i guess that they might be useful to an extent for a big clubs as reserves-filler

I got a trial day at Aston Villa, most the players were really poor but I saw Josh Wright was in one of the teams, remember him as a good youngster a few years ago, he's only 21 and he put in a MOTM performance in the trial game. I offered him a dirt cheap contract so he could go into my reserves and within days loan offers for him were flooding in. He played pretty well in my friendlies too.

Also signed ex-Liverpool youth keeper Dean Bouzanis for my reserves as he's only 20 and he wouldn't need to be registered.

It's useful for filling in gaps in your reserve team I guess.

I like it, would be nice if you could ask the assistant to invite different assortments of people, e.g. More around your level, above your level, below your level, experienced internationals, released youngsters. This might make this feature useful for more teams.

It's a bit of fun at the end of the day and I think each team should be allowed one per season regardless.

i dont know if this is a bug or anything but when i ask a player on trial then i sign him he asks for nothing a week (i am playing chelmsford city) but yeh :)

It's because you can now offer players "pay as you play" contracts, where their wage comes purely from their appearance and other bonuses.

Archived