Question for those with knowledge.......

i always click on team settings and select "assistant deals with contract renewals"..... because i usually end up with about 20, players out of contract every 5 years, and instead of spending about half hour just giving them new deals, i prefer if my assistant did some.......so everytime i had a message about players contract running out....i ignored them in the hope my assisstant would sort it, however july second all those players have left now because their contract run out.....

why didnt my assisstant offer them a new deal, i clearly clicked the button on team settings and applied

Because he won't offer new deals to players outside of your first team. He may not even give new contracts to some first-teamers.

It's fine to tick the button but if you want other people to handly something you don't generally just ignore what's going on. You should always try and oversee any contract negotiations with important players and youth players even with the button ticked.

Just because you clicked the option doesn't guarantee the players will get the contracts. If the ass. man doesn't think they are worthy of a new deal then he won't offer a new contract. It's worth just checking contracts monthly or something so you can offer them as you go - I like to do mine as I can keep an eye on my financials too...

Just because you clicked the option doesn't guarantee the players will get the contracts. If the ass. man doesn't think they are worthy of a new deal then he won't offer a new contract.

Exactly. I personally dont ever choose this option because most of the times my coaches don't really know what they are doing. Even the best scouts in the game offer me bad players. You have to do it yourself. If you don't want to be bothered by that, just let them go.

Another problem with using it is he doesn't do staff contracts, even his own, and I have holidayed the close season to find myself with no Ass Man or half my squad, including a lot of key players and knowing I was heading for a sacking in the new season. That taught me to do it myself from that point (I was a bit of a novice at the time), but it's likely to happen if you just rely on that.

Another problem with using it is he doesn't do staff contracts, even his own, and I have holidayed the close season to find myself with no Ass Man or half my squad, including a lot of key players and knowing I was heading for a sacking in the new season. That taught me to do it myself from that point (I was a bit of a novice at the time), but it's likely to happen if you just rely on that.

I think it would be cheating to offer himself a contract!

Archived