Etihad Stadium

'Sponsored' grounds are not included in the game, unless I believe the name has been with them since they were very first opened (ie the Emirates for Arsenal).

It is only called that because of the fair play rule, it is still technically The City of Manchester Stadium I believe!

'Sponsored' grounds are not included in the game, unless I believe the name has been with them since they were very first opened (ie the Emirates for Arsenal).

I'd counter that with the Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund, the AWD-Arena in Hannover, the Imtech Arena in Hamburg, I could go on.

All of these stadia have had naming rights attached to them which are in the game, any chance of the real reason? ;)

Actually on this subject UEFA refuse to acknowledge stadium sponsorship & do not allow their use for UEFA sanctioned games so the 2012 Champions League final will be at the Munchen Stadion rather than the Allianz-Arena, any chance this could be incorporated in the game?

Thanks Neil - but is it possible to change it with the editor? I've never tried to change stadium names with previous versions of the editor

Oh so that's why Bradford City's ground is called Valley Parade and not Coral Windows Stadium. :D all hail having none sponsered grounds in the game! :D

There is an Etihad stadium in Melbourne which may be seen as Melbourne Victories second stadium.

It isn't listed under Melbourne Victory at all - instead, a John Cain reserve, where the youth team play, is listed.

Aami Park, their first stadium, is named after an insurer and is in the game.

In the demo Man City's ground is called The City of Manchester stadium and not - as in real life - the Etihad Stadium. Is this a licensing issue? And if indeed it is can this be changed with the editor?

you mean "United stadium" in English .. isn't? :D

no wonder why City fans editing DB are not happy :D

please SI sort this one out .. we want City stadium called UTD like IRL :D

It is only called that because of the fair play rule, it is still technically The City of Manchester Stadium I believe!

No, our stadium is actually called the Etihad Stadium now. The only exception being in UEFA competitions when sponsors names are not used for any stadium. It's not because of the fair play rule at all. We've changed the name of our stadium full stop.

No, our stadium is actually called the Etihad Stadium now. The only exception being in UEFA competitions when sponsors names are not used for any stadium. It's not because of the fair play rule at all. We've changed the name of our stadium full stop.

This is a quote from Wiki and before you have a go yeah I know! But this is what I heard on Sky Sports when they first started calling it Etihad,

The City of Manchester Stadium, also known as the Etihad Stadium for sponsorship reasons (Which states also known as not formally known as)

Thats all!

Not saying that you are wrong mate, just what I heard and was thinking!

UEFA are investigating whether the owners of Manchester City have used apparent connections to Ethiad so that they can circumvent FFP, so far they have not proven nor have this dis-proven that any rules have been broken, innocent until till proven otherwise.

That being said the figures that were been banded about did seem rather high for a financial endorsement of a sporting organisation that has little or no global presence & has no recent history of success on the field but now I'm getting a little off-topic.

I believe what he actually meant is that the deal was only put in place to get around the UEFA fair play rules. If they did not exist then you would probably still be called Eastlands/City of Manchester Stadium.

Tbh it is called the Etihad stadium so it should be called it in FM. Not too bothered about it though.

Well said, i hate it been called the Circle, although that was the name of the old cricket ground, so at least it's not all bad.

Agreed! I change it every year - the only database change I make every year without fail!

Archived