Automatic wage increase

I am playing FM2011, not the 12 Demo.

One of my players had it in his contract that he would receive an automatic wage increase once he reached a certain amount of appearances for my club. He also had a % increase.

Over the years he has been out on loan at various clubs until I was ready to play him, this means the % has been working but the automatic increase hasn't had a chance. His current wage is £49k a week, the one stipulated in the contract would be an 'increase' to £25k a week.

He has just hit the threshold for that increase and I get a news report 1 game before he does and when he does. But it has now taken him back down from £49k to £25k!

Poor guy. Probably not what he was expecting when he bagged a hat trick for me vs West Ham just now. Also not what I was expecting as I thought the game would recognise he's now on more and cancel that clause, but I hadn't offered him a new contract in the meantime that would remove the clause - he's still on the longest one I could offer when I signed him!

Oh well.

The fair & decent think to do would be to offer him a new contract at the higher wage, obviously this is football & decent isn't part of the equation.

Worth a mention in the bugs forum as this is the sort of rare situation that doesn't get picked up in testing.

Archived