Continue Demo Question

I have read many posts about if the demo can be continued. However i am still confused.

Now I have started a game with liverpool and want to keep it going. Is it a case that with the demo that when i get to january 1st i save the game.

Then when i get the official game I can load this but add more leagues that are playable.

Few questions -

How Many Leagues/Countries can you add.

If my quickstart started in England when I add these leagues will all players come available, ie if i add italy then all the italian teams are playable and all staff and players from the teams in italy will be buyable etc?

Sorry for being dumb!!!!

As far as I've been able to gather;

The game will automatically save on January 1st, and not allow you to advance any further.

You can add as many leagues/countries as you like (and your computer can handle).

When a league is added in, FM will quickly simulate what would have happened in those countries had you been running them from the start, bringing it up to date. They will be playable/viewable from the start of the next season. All of the players and staff will be buyable, but consider that since the game has simulated a possible 'reality', some players may have moved clubs ro retired, so it is possible that some players that you wanted won't be there.

Also, since the quickstart is done with a small database, any leagues added in will also stick to this - hence you may be missing some reserve/youth players or non-important staff.

I think it would have been a nice idea to have different sized databases available for the demo download, to enable people to start their career saves with the demo. I appreciate that the files would have been much bigger etc for the larger databases, but the option would have been nice. :)

Yeah. I don't get into demo saves simply because of the small database. I'll play a few games and put in a couple of hours getting used to the new interface but that's about it.

Although the idea is a nice one I don't really see SI offering multiple versions of the demo. The good thing of course is that I still look forward to the full game when it's released :D

I think it would have been a nice idea to have different sized databases available for the demo download, to enable people to start their career saves with the demo. I appreciate that the files would have been much bigger etc for the larger databases, but the option would have been nice. :)

Was thinking about this last night.

Would be a good option to have in future demos, and would be of benefit to SI as it would be even more tempting for people to buy the full game on release day. Missed a trick there, SI. ;)

As far as I've been able to gather;

The game will automatically save on January 1st, and not allow you to advance any further.

You can add as many leagues/countries as you like (and your computer can handle).

When a league is added in, FM will quickly simulate what would have happened in those countries had you been running them from the start, bringing it up to date. They will be playable/viewable from the start of the next season. All of the players and staff will be buyable, but consider that since the game has simulated a possible 'reality', some players may have moved clubs ro retired, so it is possible that some players that you wanted won't be there.

Also, since the quickstart is done with a small database, any leagues added in will also stick to this - hence you may be missing some reserve/youth players or non-important staff.

Excellent information, so just to clarify adding the leagues etc is possible which will make it possible to manage in other countries but it will be a small database. One which will contain the more important players including reserves but more less known players will not be added yeah?

Archived