Interestingly different

It's interesting to see that my current game, navigating Peterhead from wind-swept outpost on the north east corner of Scotland to European contenders, has played out differently from other games, including ones in foreign leagues and even as York City, which i expected to be the same. For a start, the European Champions League was hellishly difficult for the first two seasons, but has got progressively easier. The second is that my name came up quite a bit in management opportunities the first year we won the SPL (though it doesn't now we've won it 3 years on the trot). Then there's the foreign club interest. I've never had scouts from other clubs watching my players before, although there's usually interest, nothing like what they get now. As soon as the transfer window opened in January I had Barcelona, Arsenal and Man City banging on the door. My star striker is getting increasingly disgruntled that I won't let him go - I told City it was £60m or they could get back on the bus to Aberdeen airport. He just isn't replaceable on the wages I can offer anyone. However sold my AM player to Barca, signed for free, for £18m plus a sell-on percentage. He was good, but I signed someone better for £10m and a quality prospect for £1m. Anyway, roll on the 2012 version and even more variety!

Archived