has football manager ruined other games for you?

I often find myself getting a top game, fifa, killzone, uncharted, F1 Etc, play it for a few days, and then just being drawn back to FM.

So much so that ive now given up on getting any other game other than FM!

The money i save on not getting other games will go straight into upgrading my pc so i can play FM at a better speed!

Not including silly java games or stuff like that I don't really play other PC games, not because FM rules my life mind you, just because most of them don't interest me. I'll PES once a week when my mates come round but thats more a social thing than a gaming enjoyment thing. Wouldn't have it if it wasn't for those nights.

All other games are just the same.

A role play game: you start of weak, you upgrade through experiance, you win.

A sports game: you play, you win

(good multiplayer though)

A shooter: you shoot easy enemies with simple guns, next level you get better guns and harder enemies.

A RTS: you start with a base and a few buildings, you build more over time until there is no more to build.

A racer: you start with a slow car and slow opponents, next level it goes up a notch etc.

The only exception for me is GTA cos like FM its very diverse and deep and you can play it how you want.

The only time I get to play games is the weekend. And unfortunately I can't play all the games I want. FM is grand because you can do other things.

I played Duke Nukem demo just to try it out, and it was fun. But it was 45 minutes of intense concentration and I wasn't able to do other things, like surf the net, chat to people, do the ironing, put a wash on, watch tv, etc.

FM suits me.

The only time I get to play games is the weekend. And unfortunately I can't play all the games I want. FM is grand because you can do other things.

I played Duke Nukem demo just to try it out, and it was fun. But it was 45 minutes of intense concentration and I wasn't able to do other things, like surf the net, chat to people, do the ironing, put a wash on, watch tv, etc.

FM suits me.

Ah yes definitely applies to me too! FM is the game of the multitasker, surprising that more women don't play it... :rolleyes:

It's a totally different gaming experience, for me. FM is the only PC game I'll play, but I do enjoy the odd Xbox blast from time to time. I can still pick up GTA and play it for hours, but right now I'm looking forward to Gears 3 and the new Batman game. Very different games, but so much fun...

Definitely if I'm looking to play a few hours of gaming I'll turn to the PS3 or xBox or Wii or some other game on the laptop.

If it's party night the Wii gets a run out. If it's watching football with the lads it's Fifa or PES at half time. A new Gears of War you say - two days intense gaming to complete it.

Some other games get priority, but not for long. And I normally wouldn't have time to sit down and play games that intensely. I like doing other things while playing Football Manager.

Not everyone can play their favourite game and also work at the same time :)

Given that in the last four years I only play FM, PES and Prince of Persia, FM didn't really ruin anything for me as I have plenty of time to play all of those three games. Before this period of four years I played absolutely everything. :D

There are several games that take my attention away from FM. WMMA3, TEW2010, Uncharted, Fallout series, Oblivion, Red Dead Redemption and Elder Scrolls Skyrim will see me ditch FM for a couple of weeks as would a new Fallout game.

There are other games?

+1! Nah only kidding I do know about and own Fifa 12, hardest Fifa out there and much more of a challenge than the rest! But apart from that and maybe some Madden FM rules my gaming life!

No, this year i will not play that much FM becuse so many good games will come Skyrim on 11/11, Star Wars: The Old Republic 22/12 and in march Mass Effect 3

The next year iam SWTOR iam sure is the game i will play most the next year not FM

Has FM ruined other games for me? Not really. I`ve always been a person who enjoys long lasting games, so RPGs and Simulations are always on my list. FM is the only one that keeps returning though, even back when I only had a single pirated copy of CM96-97 and didn`t even know these kind of games were sold in stores. Actually, they weren`t even sold in stores anywhere near my place I learned that year, so I wasn`t too downhearted :p Heck, I didn`t even know what the word pirated was back then. Ever since I found CM 98-99 in a store nearby I have bought a copy each year and played every single version. Got to make sure that my favorite development studios won`t go broke after all.

I still play other games like Mass Effect and some RPGs though.

I play games like Total War series or some Paradox titles like Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis. What they share with FM is that you can play all of them at your own pace and they don't require your undivided attention every single second of playing the game.

The older I get, the more I enjoy games like that.

I play games like Total War series or some Paradox titles like Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis. What they share with FM is that you can play all of them at your own pace and they don't require your undivided attention every single second of playing the game.

The older I get, the more I enjoy games like that.

Spot on mate! :thup:

Archived