Won't have time to look at the demo - Is there any improvement on the following ?

There are some ME quirks in FM2011 that really bug me. I probably won't have time to check out the demo in the near future so I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following niggles have been addressed :

* Attacking throw-ins being completely useless. If the throw is past the 18 yard line it just gets lobbed randomly into the box and usually results in either an attacking foul or - less often - a penalty.

* Players trying to give the ball back to the player who took the throw but knocking it past him into touch.

* The defending team clears a corner and the ball gets picked up by the attacking team again, who send it back out wide to the corner taker. The player who took the corner is always offside, no matter how far he's run back onside.

* Players (usually full backs) 'dithering' the ball into touch.

* Wonky free kicks in the middle third of the pitch. E.g. given straight to the opposition or playing a team mate straight into trouble.

I can say for sure that the corners (and the guy who is always offside) has changed. Since it buged me too. A lot.

The rest seems to changed too because i didn't noticed anything wrong with it just yet.

All in all, 3D match looks very good this year.

I wouldn't say that the corner thing has been totally eliminated. It's not a 99% thing anymore, but a good 50% of balls played back in end up with an offside*

The ball doesn't dither into touch. The FM engine seemed to have the PES problem that a player had so much momentum they never stopped a ball going out but ended up punting it out every time. This has been fixed.

Throw ins are much improved, as are "middle of the park fk's".

*numbers pulled out thin air

Thanks for the replies.

Well I've only played about 10 seasons in a single career save on FM2011 so it may well be that I haven't cracked it (the corollary is that I have watched every single match in full). I'll admit that throw-ins aren't a big priority when I'm working on my tactics. It's definitely the least annoying of the things I brought up.

But now that you mention it, another thing I've noticed is that defenders get a big bonus when heading the ball. And by defenders I mean the team who are playing in their own half. The closer a player gets to his own goal, the more likely he is to win a header it seems. You often see the same players going up against each other at corners and the winner is almost invariably the one in whose box the action is taking place. Has anyone had any luck with playing 'man mountains' up front ?

Archived