FM 2012 will be ok to download as a PURCHASE in South Korea though, right?

Hang on a minute.

I'm in Korea too. From my understanding it doesn't have to be a boxed copy, you could buy a digital copy from one of the UK based digital download sites and still authenticate through STEAM.

Am I way off the mark here, is there a difference between authenticating a boxed copy or authenticating a digital download (not purchased through STEAM)?

Hang on a minute.

I'm in Korea too. From my understanding it doesn't have to be a boxed copy, you could buy a digital copy from one of the UK based digital download sites and still authenticate through STEAM.

Am I way off the mark here, is there a difference between authenticating a boxed copy or authenticating a digital download (not purchased through STEAM)?

All digital downloads are via Steam, the other digital download sites will only provide you with a key to use with Steam, not the the actual download.

All digital downloads are via Steam, the other digital download sites will only provide you with a key to use with Steam, not the the actual download.

Yes, I understand that. But it's only the buying on STEAM which is a problem not the activation - and if you can activate a boxed copy, why not a digital copy.

Also, as far as I know you could be "gifted" a copy on STEAM and download and activate it through them no problem even if you are in a locked region.

Do you know this as a fact Kriss, or is it speculation?

O.K straight from the horse's (SEGA's) mouth ....

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

If you purchase from a digital retailer a Steam code allowing you to activate the game on Steam then you won't encounter any issue to install/activate the game, even in South Korea.

I hope this information is of use."

So all looks good to go ahead and buy / pre-order from one of the many digital download sites and start playing on day of release

Archived