Regens level of quality...

Wanted to ask a question to people more than 5 years into the game....

...how many of your regens from your youth academy make it into your first eleven?

I understand that at Man U etc the quality of youngsters is going to be excellent but I am 4 years through my Brighton game and I'm just not seeing any coming through with the potential to break into the team, even after 3-4 years training and at ages 21 etc they're simply not good enough.

Wanted especially to know about League One and below managers, whether they use their youth regens.

Wanted to ask a question to people more than 5 years into the game....

...how many of your regens from your youth academy make it into your first eleven?

I understand that at Man U etc the quality of youngsters is going to be excellent but I am 4 years through my Brighton game and I'm just not seeing any coming through with the potential to break into the team, even after 3-4 years training and at ages 21 etc they're simply not good enough.

Wanted especially to know about League One and below managers, whether they use their youth regens.

You'll have one wonderkid in one century; regens usually enter the game in real low leagues with a real high proportion in Eastern Europe and of course as always Brazil. Even AI big teams hardly have quality regens, and July is usually a moment of terror for promising youngsters as you usually have about 20 clubs on the same player. I played with Chelsea for 4 seasons and no player above 140 PA.

I'm at Tottenham in 2024. Top level youth system.

Currently 5 out of my starting 11 came from my own youth ranks. Few more are lined up over the next couple of seasons methinks. Spent a couple of seasons in the Championship and now we're a relegation threatened club, the players still do well.

None of my regens have made it but i think a few i poached will be good enough. I think the game uses reputation as a sort of quick cheat when it comes to regens. You'd think it was the quality of your facilities but i have a feeling its not. The big four always have at least one that can make it.

Leeds in 5th season. Just got the best youth facilities but got my latest batch of young un's through before it was finished.

One guy is looking very promising and am hoping for more like him next season!

In FM06 I had one guy, Ian Henry, for Charlton who was one of my best players and played for England. How proud I was... icon_smile.gif

im leeds just starting 2015-16 season.

even though top youth facilities etc, havent yet had a single youth player break through.

though in last 2 batches have got couple saying they will become leading prem.

imo have found overall regens on this fm not as good as previous games & take longer to reach potential.

into my 3rd season with notts county and just got my first half decent player icon_smile.gif a left winger with a potential ability of 147 icon_smile.gif obviously not the best but for a team like me (still in league 2) i think that he will be a decent prem player later on tbh

the rest of the youngster who came through didnt have a potential above 75 icon_biggrin.gif so i guess i wont be getting anyone near to him for donkeys years now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonfun1980:

how do you find out regen's potential 147 etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use an external scouting program, but many of us choose not to "cheat" in this way icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I'm at Tottenham in 2024. Top level youth system.

Currently 5 out of my starting 11 came from my own youth ranks. Few more are lined up over the next couple of seasons methinks. Spent a couple of seasons in the Championship and now we're a relegation threatened club, the players still do well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tottenham relegated! yes! arsenal winning still makes me happier though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonfun1980:

Use an external scouting program, but many of us choose not to "cheat" in this way icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i know it probably is classed as cheating icon_smile.gif but i havn't the patience to flick through the world so i just have a gander each season at my youths icon_smile.gif works a treat to see who i need to release tbh

Use an external scouting program, but many of us choose not to "cheat" in this way icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but i bought the game, i own it and i'll do what i like with it. Don't need people like you dictating how i use my game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't need people like you dictating how i use my game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you need to read posts correctly. He never dictated anything to anyone, merely jinted that most think using an external program is 'cheating' in some small way.

As you say, you do what you like icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't need people like you dictating how i use my game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you need to read posts correctly. He never dictated anything to anyone, merely jinted that most think using an external program is 'cheating' in some small way.

As you say, you do what you like icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's not cheating, its my game and i'll do what i like with it, if i want to check PA's and CA's then i will. It's not cheating.

I haven't been too involved with regens in my last few games, but seeing as I'm planing a long career with QPR I've looked into it more.

I'm in my second season, first in the prem. So far only two regens have come through that show slight potential but this is fairly crap both with a rating of two stars as potential ability. However my scouts have found two good regens, one of which has joined and the other I'm looking at.

The first is a young scott called Mike Smith, he can play Dc,Rb,Dm,Mc,Rm and I'm tutoring him to become a RWB. He is being tutored by Andre Bikey and according to my Ass Man he can be as good as Vanden Borre (4 stars). Smith is also representing Scotland at an U19's level which I'm sure will help him progress.

His top stats are pace,acceleration,long throws,flair and work rate which are all 15. He also has Tackling,passing,aggression,anticipation,creativity,determination,balance and agility which are all 11+. Other notable stats are stamina,strength,teamwork,heading,first touch,marking,bravery and concenration which are 9+. All other stats are 7 or 8.

The other kid is a 16 year old Italian called Marco Vailati, he looks even more promising and according to my head scout (Rudi Wojtowicz) he has the potential to be a lot better than Damien Duff and can become a leading Premiership left winger.

Just thought i'd add to the forum. I have started with several teams since the game came out last year and i rarely get good regens coming through. However my most recent game with Bordeaux seems to be going ok. I've produced 2 or 3 good players within 3 seasons who i play in my first team already. Must admit i don't use 'geniescout' or any editing tool. (mainly because it always comes up with initialisation error) but from my scout reports they are all rated fairly highly.

The problem is if you don't have your own regens you can't play champions league in a few years, at least with a minimum quality.

I'm in 4th season now and signed some 17 year olds regens, expecting them to became avaiable as in club developed player, but i'm not sure it works like that.

Does anyone know if they qualify after beeing at a club for 3 years before 21 years old?

I'm in 2019 with my Bournemouth game, currently have excellent youth facilities I think.

I've got a few regens that are championship quality but I did have 1 guy who appeared in 2010 who just went to Juventus for 9.5mil.

There are a lot of very good regens across Europe though and I regularly get hold of premiership quality players when I'm in the championship. Just check out the players with a high PA but low CA as found on the scouting assignments.

Archived