Physical Attributes. To heavily weighted for CA again?????

Right where to start. I don't want to give attributes away about players and staff so bare with my explanation.

I signed a coach who is a class Defensive coach and has top scouting attributes aswell to boot. In the backroom meeting, he suggested I send him to scout player X. So I sent him to scout him. (At this point I havent looked at the players profile or even taken notice of his name or who he is playing for).

The report comes back and says he would be third choice (which is understandable because Delfouneso is third at the mo) but star rating makes him equal to Bent and Gabby (I'm Villa). So I though lets have a look at his attributes. Well I was dumb founded has to why he had such a high rating.

Then I noticed his high Physical Attribute i.e. Speed Merchant. Now I understand to an extent that Pace is a key attribute because of Gabby. But the thing with this player is, he is a AML,ST looking at his ST stats: So Finishing, Composure, Decisions, Off The Ball, Anticipation and Positioning the only credible attribute is Off The Ball. So I though look at his AML stats (Inside Forward): Crossing, Dribbling, Finishing, Passing, Decisions, Off The Ball, Teamwork, Acceleration and Pace, he has great ACC and PAC, Not bad OTB, ok DRI the rest are not worth toffee.

The coach says he is a Target Man emile heskey is better than him but I've sold him and rates him has 3.5 stars and says he would be a good signing for most Prem Clubs. Either I have totally over estimated Gabby's and Bent's level in the game and infact Villa has a club. But in my opinion he would most probably struggle in most of the championship side.

So this is telling me that once again Physical Attributes are wieghted to heavily for CA.

Well, that aside, sometimes there are players who have relatively low attributes but perform admirably. I`ve had plenty of players who had pretty average or even pretty bad attributes for their key attributes yet they still were a lot better than the ones who had better attributes in all of those key ones. I`m not sure why, but it makes purely relying on attributes a lot less rewarding since you actually need to watch the player to see what he`s really capable of. Which is, in my opinion, a pretty realistic thing by itself.

There is a Consistency attribute, but I don't think that it's factored into star calculations. Could be wrong.

OP, was the player good with his weaker foot? That also eats up a lot of CA. There were several times on FM 11 when I came across a player with a high recommendation but shocking stats, except for very high pace and a strong weaker foot.

Hi all, I had a chat with Marc Vaughan about this, this morning over private messages and I sent him the screen shot of the player in question. Came to the conclusion that he is more suited to a Target Man role due to his Attributes for the role even though not outstanding. He will be able to find space due to his Off The Ball attribute and he is brave and aggressive but will need double the chances to score. He is a rare quick Target Man. He is only one footed.

I think there is a fine line with the importance on pace and acceleration. Which I feel is slightly high.

Right where to start. I don't want to give attributes away about players and staff so bare with my explanation.

I signed a coach who is a class Defensive coach and has top scouting attributes aswell to boot. In the backroom meeting, he suggested I send him to scout player X. So I sent him to scout him. (At this point I havent looked at the players profile or even taken notice of his name or who he is playing for).

The report comes back and says he would be third choice (which is understandable because Delfouneso is third at the mo) but star rating makes him equal to Bent and Gabby (I'm Villa). So I though lets have a look at his attributes. Well I was dumb founded has to why he had such a high rating.

Then I noticed his high Physical Attribute i.e. Speed Merchant. Now I understand to an extent that Pace is a key attribute because of Gabby. But the thing with this player is, he is a AML,ST looking at his ST stats: So Finishing, Composure, Decisions, Off The Ball, Anticipation and Positioning the only credible attribute is Off The Ball. So I though look at his AML stats (Inside Forward): Crossing, Dribbling, Finishing, Passing, Decisions, Off The Ball, Teamwork, Acceleration and Pace, he has great ACC and PAC, Not bad OTB, ok DRI the rest are not worth toffee.

The coach says he is a Target Man emile heskey is better than him but I've sold him and rates him has 3.5 stars and says he would be a good signing for most Prem Clubs. Either I have totally over estimated Gabby's and Bent's level in the game and infact Villa has a club. But in my opinion he would most probably struggle in most of the championship side.

So this is telling me that once again Physical Attributes are wieghted to heavily for CA.

You don't need to be great on the ball to be a really good player.

There's a difference between the target man role and the target man instruction.

The role is suited to the classic Big Man target man. The instruction literally means "get the ball to this player, and make sure the ball is like this"

Archived