Can't go on holiday on match day - during game? Please restore this feature!!!

Grrrr. winning a game 6-0 at half time. Decide that I don't want to sit through watching the rest of it, so I try to go on holiday.

When I select "Go On Holiday" it tells me I can't?

Seriously WTF? I understand managers don't disappear during the middle of a game in real life. But this is a game. I should be able to skip the rest of the match if I want to?

In a career game it's very boring and this will make FM12 very frustrating for me. Usually at 50 or 60 minutes if I'm winning by a wealth of goals, I'll put on my youngsters then holiday. Just to give them a run out. Not particularly interested in viewing the match.

Please restore the ability to holiday during the game!:mad:

I should be able to skip watching the match if I want to.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubtful this will happen Eugene, it was found to be a potential problem causer which is why it was removed.

Irl you'd get the sack if you kept leaving halfway through matches so I have no sympathy at all for your predicament:D

• Administrators

Basically we found allowing the user to holiday once in the match environment causes numerous post-match issues which could well have broken the game. I'm afraid we had no choice but to take it out.

What sort of post-match issues? I seriously have never noticed anything, nor has the game ever broken? I've had several career games in FM11, FM10 and FM09 and never noticed any problems?

My players seem to be able to switch off in team talks? Any chance I can? Give me the option to whip out the ipad or something?

Seriously frustrated with this not being allowed anymore

i thought the new games are meant to be a step forward not a step back, i wish they would stop wasting there time with pointless features like post match conference which 90% of players let assistant take (same goes for team talk and opposition instructions) , and concentrate on improving the actual managing and user experience.

No holidays and text that needs a magnifying glass to read ...

Yeh but that doesn't give you the option to put on the youth players if you're winning by a few goals?

That's how I play it.

Ok then, how about adding some new Manager Holidaying options? Like

Give the youth players a run out (option to select which players)

Rest star players (like your captain and vice captain or people with ability over 4 stars?)

Just something. THere has to be a middle ground.

It's vital for career games for me. It will break my heart.

The holiday feature has nothing to do with managing, its used as a method to skip games , for instance a friendly your 6-0 up in, or a Carlin cup game thats 4-0 in 20mins, its a game, meant to be fun, shouldn't be forced to watch something you dont wanna see, thats when it stops being fun...

The holiday feature has nothing to do with managing, its used as a method to skip games , for instance a friendly your 6-0 up in, or a Carlin cup game thats 4-0 in 20mins, its a game, meant to be fun, shouldn't be forced to watch something you dont wanna see, thats when it stops being fun...

it stops being fun when your 4-0 up and cant be bothered to watch the rest of the game.your supposed to enjoy big victories not get bored with them.

What sort of post-match issues? I seriously have never noticed anything, nor has the game ever broken? I've had several career games in FM11, FM10 and FM09 and never noticed any problems?

Surely if new feature's are included there is going to be coding changes? So maybe the problem has occurred with the new coding? Just go to commentary only and fastest speed.

Also I would say that the team talks etc are more important to a management game than holidaying through the 2nd half.

If holidaying during matches causes issues, then make the "Holidaying mode" better before games. So that you can specify "youth" or "least appearances" or "something".

Had a great squad before and I only played players with least appearances in all cup competitions so they wouldn't get upset. But I don't want to see 11 superstars play against a non-division team.

But I also don't want 16 year old to start in a cup game I'd rather them brought on in the 60th minute when winning.

So if the holidaying mode was made with some options to who to play and when it would be great

Surely if new feature's are included there is going to be coding changes? So maybe the problem has occurred with the new coding? Just go to commentary only and fastest speed.

Also I would say that the team talks etc are more important to a management game than holidaying through the 2nd half.

That makes sense, I thought Neil Brock meant that it was in FM11. But if it's in FM12 then it's good they spotted it.

But still don't understand.

No way to simulate rest of game or anything?

If holidaying during matches causes issues, then make the "Holidaying mode" better before games. So that you can specify "youth" or "least appearances" or "something".

Had a great squad before and I only played players with least appearances in all cup competitions so they wouldn't get upset. But I don't want to see 11 superstars play against a non-division team.

But I also don't want 16 year old to start in a cup game I'd rather them brought on in the 60th minute when winning.

So if the holidaying mode was made with some options to who to play and when it would be great

You can select the team and then lock it for the assistant manager to use that selection.

Also I guarantee that the same people moaning about this would be on here kicking up hell if it caused a coding issue and they lost there save.

I don't want coding issues. And I want ability to skip the rest of the match if I want to.

So yeh I'd moan about ruined saved games. Just as I'm moaning about this feature being removed/disabled.

It was one of my favourite features, and it's gone.

That makes sense, I thought Neil Brock meant that it was in FM11. But if it's in FM12 then it's good they spotted it.

But still don't understand.

No way to simulate rest of game or anything?

Pretty sure there's been issues with holidaying for a long time, I do it more frequently than most and I've had quite a few weird things happening after matches.

Eugene - calm down man, its a demo...it will be in the actual game, so its a non-issue mate. As one guy says, if ur lucky enough to be 6-0 up, switch to Commentary only at full tilt and it'll be over PDQ!

No it won't. It's been removed because it breaks the game. You can only holiday before the game now. As soon as you've submitted the squad, you're stuck with watching the rest of the match.

You can select the team and then lock it for the assistant manager to use that selection.

That's telling me what I can do, not how?

I can select 16 year olds to start and specify that the ass man uses the selected squad.

But trial and error shows the ass man removes the 16 year old from field of play early on and replaces with more experienced player.

Now I can select the 16 year old to start and not pick all the other spots, and the ass man will pick the rest of the team. And the 16 year old will play most of the game. Good.

But I don't have the option to put on 16 year old if I'm winning by 2 goals after 60 minutes. Or any other sort of instructions.

If I'm taking a holiday I should be able to leave more instructions to the ass man? no?

Eugene - calm down man, its a demo...it will be in the actual game, so its a non-issue mate. As one guy says, if ur lucky enough to be 6-0 up, switch to Commentary only at full tilt and it'll be over PDQ!

I understand it's a weird one. But for a career game, for me, this is essential.

I can't say how much this affects a career game. It's vital.

If I'm taking a holiday I should be able to leave more instructions to the ass man? no?

That to me is the request you should be making of the Devs, it's realistic, detailed match plans, there is a precedent;)

Commentary only burns through a single half in 30 seconds in some games, hardly a massive impact on time; I can understand why some people would want this but i've had it cause game crashes before so i'd rather see it taken out(or fixed if at all possible)

That to me is the request you should be making of the Devs, it's realistic, detailed match plans, there is a precedent;)

Maybe I will.

If people can suggest items I'll put together a potential plan and post there.

Thanks.

I just can't believe this has been removed. I'm devastated, really.

Commentary only burns through a single half in 30 seconds in some games, hardly a massive impact on time; I can understand why some people would want this but i've had it cause game crashes before so i'd rather see it taken out(or fixed if at all possible)

Fair enough. But I've never seen or heard of any issue, so you can understand my shock and sadness of it being removed.

Why not put a warning there?

go on holiday> "going on holiday during match day may cause unpredictable issues"

or something?

Match plans would actually be a better option for you than this ad hoc holiday business, I'll start you off:

If two goals ahead at half time replace player X with player Y.

Replace "postion" "lowest rating" with "x player" :)

holidaying matches no matter the reason is blasphemy

I understand. Try playing 70 seasons in a few months, at the same club. Watching those League Cup and FA Cup games against teams you destroy gets a tad boring.

If there is a match I don't want to see the end off I just do something else while it plays out. But then again I wouldn't trust my assistant manager to walk my dog so I wouldn't leave my football team in his hands even for 45 minutes, he would most likely manage to **** someone important off majorly and as usual I would get the blame and that feels like the best case scenario.

I respect that people should be able to play their game the way they like but I guess they wouldn't had taken the feature out without good cause which they seem to have given here so I really don't see the need to trash them about it. If being able to make the game play for itself without you having to give a damn is the most important feature in the game I really don't see the point of playing it at all. I rather have a game that is stable with dept and lots of new features than a function that will save me 2 minutes here and there.

If you read the thread, you'll understand that I was peeved about it being removed. It was explained it was breaking the game. We're now onto improving the holiday feature or adding game plans.

If a mod wants to add that to thread title?

Any suggestions for improving Manager Holiday? Or game plans?

There really should be game plans.

Like if playing a team with much lower rep and I ask the ass man to select the entire team, he should pick some youth players, and senior players that have not had many games this season.

*edit*

I should be able to say play senior players with least appearances, and at 60 minutes take player off with lowest rating for "specific player"

Here's another one.

While posting on here, I won a game 4-0. Wasnt paying attention.

Would it be plausible to add into a game play "at x amount goal difference make sub"

So If I do get distracted when playing (as can happen) that if I am winning 3-0 it pauses to allow me a chance to make subs?

• Administrators

Taking off my SI hat for a second and putting on my 'play the game hat' I can't understand why anyone would want to skip the match anyway, surely that's the most important part of football management anyway?

Taking off my SI hat for a second and putting on my 'play the game hat' I can't understand why anyone would want to skip the match anyway, surely that's the most important part of football management anyway?

There are also people switching television off 15 minutes before the movie ends, because they are already sure that the good guy will win. :)

Archived