Will the final retail version be this easy?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Roady99

I remember you started a thread where you where just about to 'hang up your FM boots'...

It's an exceptional difference compared to what you described in your thread where you seemed to be in the dark about how to play the game and it's not that long ago (a week or two?). What are you doing this time around compared to last, are you using and understanding how the strategies work or is there other things you are doing noticeably different? Good job...:thup:

@Roady99

I remember you started a thread where you where just about to 'hang up your FM boots'...

It's an exceptional difference compared to what you described in your thread where you seemed to be in the dark about how to play the game and it's not that long ago (a week or two?). What are you doing this time around compared to last, are you using and understanding how the strategies work or is there other things you are doing noticably different? Good job...:thup:

There are 2 major differences for me this time round, 1) Im actually taking control of the team ie Team talks and *Some* Press conferences, And not once has my morale dropped for the team, Which im guessing is playing a major part in my game, And 2) I dont play an *Attacking* Philliosphy< (Sp?), But yes im very impressed how ive managed so far, Just waiting for the full game to come out as i have a cup semi final with Chelsea coming up lol

Is it so dramatically easy ?

I think it's a bug

It's not a bug it's a demo, imagine you've never played fm before and you get the demo, you find yourself losing constantly and morale in your squad is always terrible, would you be more inclined to buy the full game then? Or would you prefer to get a few games, string a lot of wins together and have a team full of players with high morale whilst learning the ropes? I know if I was a brand new player to the series which I would prefer.

tl:dr? The demo's always easier than the full game. It's not a bug.

In that case I'm really bad at this game 'cause I can't buy a win. :(

Which team and in which league are you playing? Another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that part of why those results happened for me is the fact that i'm one of the 'old firm' teams in the SPL, there's only really one team in the league that's anywhere near the strength of mines which you'll notice also happens to be one of the only 2 teams in the league to take points off me in the 18 games.

In short, if you're struggling, go one of the old firm in the SPL rather than a real toughie like a blue square / Championship team.

IRL Man Utd beat Arsenal 8-2... I wouldn't say 10-0 against Liverpool is sign of a bug...

I have tried to say to myself that it's not a bug, but no way would Man Utd beat Liverpool 10-0 at Anfield (altough I hope that's the final score next week:)). The most I would consider in the realms of possibilty is by 5 goals but even that's pushing it. The result was quite out of the blue, before that I was struggling to score goals away from home and my results so far from the start of the season had been 1-1, 5-1, 0-0, 3-0, 1-0, 1-0. ( The 1-1, 0-0 and 1-0 being away from home.)

Also, when Utd beat Arsenal, Arsenal had a lot of injuries/suspensions to their squad and to be fair, Liverpool were the same. They had Johnson, Suarez, Agger, Carroll, Adam, Enrique all out but I still don't think that can justify the score line. As a Utd fan I wish I could believe it but I just can't.

It's not a bug it's a demo, imagine you've never played fm before and you get the demo, you find yourself losing constantly and morale in your squad is always terrible, would you be more inclined to buy the full game then? Or would you prefer to get a few games, string a lot of wins together and have a team full of players with high morale whilst learning the ropes? I know if I was a brand new player to the series which I would prefer.

tl:dr? The demo's always easier than the full game. It's not a bug.

Your point of view sounds good but as far as I know the demo has the very same core of the full game, unless SI states differently in an official way.

Now we have 2 scenarios.

1) the demo acts like the retail game, an urgent patch is immediately needed otherwise no one will never ever play a game where you can win every match.

2) SI states the demo is 50% easier than the real game, we need therefore an official SI statement about that anyway.

Is it so dramatically easy ?

I think it's a bug

These results are just confirming this to me. :( Leicester should not be beating Everton 5-1. 7-0 v Watford is ok for a freak result but is just another sign how easy this game seems to be. Hate to moan but its quite clear. Hoping its just cause its the demo and it'll be fixed after the first patch. Also lol@ Man utd 10-0 liverpool, says it all....

Otherwise no one will ever play a game where you always win like stealing candies to babies.

OMG ! :eek:

Indeed, its gonna be **** and that's a shame cause its such a good game otherwise. Patches will hopefully improve it.

And before anyone rants about how 'i'm just moaning for the sake of it', that's not the case at all.

It's not only one, it seems there is plenty of gamers who easily win every match...and it's only the beginning, when more of us will master and exploit FM12 it will be even worst.

Many matches, it is easy to predict, will be won 18-0 or 23-1 ....

SI, could you pleas aknowledge this issue ? Beside being it a show stopper that's definitely the bug of the century.

ive started a thread in the bugs section. If we boost this Thread than SI will notice and respond!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277371-High-Scoring-Games!!

Bugs are, a lot of the time, simply confused with how the programmers just set up the game - like the notorius 1 on 1 "bug". If this talk in the thread is a bug, then it is most likely a 'smart bug' and targetting a whole new croud of gamers...

This is to the player that have had massive wins what formation are you using. Whilst I haven't had a 10-0 result because I'm using counter attack in a 4-5-1 so sitting pretty deep soaking up play and hitting on the break.

It doesn't matter what formation you're using imo. Aslong as your players aren't completely rubbish you can easily score 2 or 3 goals a game with a normal 4-4-2 which never happened for me in previous fm's.

How is the demo easier than the retail game, when they are exactly the same game? A programmer cannot make a demo easier than a full game, can they?

Anyway, i'm Spurs using 4-4-2. Pretty comfortable wins against Wolves and Stoke(2-0 each game), but not that easy. They caused me quite a few problems and better finishers would have scored against me. Perhaps this is down to my formation, but I imagine a Manchester would give me a tougher game. Beating Liverpool 10-0 should not happen though, and it's not at all comparable to 8-2 Arsenal, imo. Same for Leceister beating Everton 5-1, UNLESS Everton were fielding their reserves/kids.

How is the demo easier than the retail game, when they are exactly the same game? A programmer cannot make a demo easier than a full game, can they?

They can make changes to the AI in the patches, i'm sure its happened before. 1st patch comes out pretty quickly i think.

Anyway, i'm Spurs using 4-4-2. Pretty comfortable wins against Wolves and Stoke(2-0 each game), but not that easy. They caused me quite a few problems and better finishers would have scored against me. Perhaps this is down to my formation, but I imagine a Manchester would give me a tougher game. Beating Liverpool 10-0 should not happen though, and it's not at all comparable to 8-2 Arsenal, imo. Same for Leceister beating Everton 5-1, UNLESS Everton were fielding their reserves/kids.

The Everton team was a mix of first teamers and reserves, Tbh our teams where pretty similar, Only reason i highlighted that as a reasult was because im a Liverpool fan :D

Patching the easyness level of FM12 it won't be easy for SI. Their betatesters took months to release a game where even a monkey can win all the games so their betatesters have to change their mentality first.

That will be a real challenge, meanwhile everybody of us will win each match of the game like it is already happening.

In patches perhaps, but the demo is the same game as the retail one, so therefore the demo is not going to be any harder/easier than the full game. Surely.

The demo is a single nation 'quickstart' on a small database, therefore all the teams in the active league are going to struggle to strengthen their squads from the ones they start with due to the scarcity of players.

If like I did you start with a team in a league which is effectively a 2 horse race every single year and your controlling one of those two, the other teams in that league will have next to no chance against you. Add in the fact that in European competition in the demo, especially in the Europa league your likely to come up against foreign teams filled out with 'grey' players and your much more likely to see skewed results in the demo compared to the full release.

Also a half season sample from a very few users (compared to the number of people in total who'll be buying the game) is nowhere near enough evidence to start shouting 'bug' imo.

The demo is a single nation 'quickstart' on a small database, therefore all the teams in the active league are going to struggle to strengthen their squads from the ones they start with due to the scarcity of players.

If like I did you start with a team in a league which is effectively a 2 horse race every single year and your controlling one of those two, the other teams in that league will have next to no chance against you. Add in the fact that in European competition in the demo, especially in the Europa league your likely to come up against foreign teams filled out with 'grey' players and your much more likely to see skewed results in the demo compared to the full release.

Also a half season sample from a very few users (compared to the number of people in total who'll be buying the game) is nowhere near enough evidence to start shouting 'bug' imo.

So Man Utd beating Liverpool 10-0 is normal then?? LOL!!!

I see a lot of people are keeping clean sheets as well.

I think this is definitely an issue.

As for the person that said the demo is easier than the real game will be they are wrong - the demo is a golden master which is an exact copy of the full game (albeit shorter). Without the first patch, what you get in the demo is identical to the full game.

I see a lot of people are keeping clean sheets as well.

I think this is definitely an issue.

As for the person that said the demo is easier than the real game will be they are wrong - the demo is a golden master which is an exact copy of the full game (albeit shorter). Without the first patch, what you get in the demo is identical to the full game.

Ok, bad use of wording on my part. The demo and the full game are basically the exact same product but I can guarantee you that quickstart single nation games on a small database are fundamentally different to a full game save with multiple nations and leagues active on a medium to large database. If you don't believe me holiday the 6 months of the demo and sim the results for the active league then repeat the process when the full game is released with 3 or 4 active nations on at least a medium database. I'd bet my last £ that the results in the full game are markedly more varied than the ones you'll see on the demo.

...And I was happy that I drew 3-3 with Chelsea as Fulham at home and was saying 'ayeee, finally it's realistic!' as usually they just demolish us on FM, which is pretty unrealistic :/

We do need an easier game, thankfully it's here :p Hoping FM don't say it's a buy :)

• SI Staff

First off - I don't work on the PC version these days (FMH (and particularly the iPhone game) is my baby) so I can't comment too much on the PC game, so please excuse me for not drawing conclusions too much.

However I would like people not to get overly carried away about one screenshot being posted of a result - I could easily replicate that by taking over liverpool and playing most of the match out of formation (ie. keeper up front etc.) ... I'm not saying that is the case and obviously it should be looked into, if it is an honest result I'm sure that Kevin3 will help us by posting a bug report about it and I'm sure someone from QA will request the pkm/save game in due course and we'll try and ascertain what happened and why.

PS - As with most people at SI I've played a fair few seasons on FM2012 already and I don't think its particularly 'easier' than previously versions personally ... although some of the features are slightly more intuitive and easier to understand which might indeed help people who were struggling, not because of their lack of knowledge or ability - but because of a misinterpretation of something.

With regards to people from SI 'not responding' to the thread - do bear in mind its the weekend chaps, most people do get some downtime from work ... even when they enjoy their jobs.

(thats my 'general take' rather than a company line - as I said, I'm not working on FM PC these days ...)

First off - I don't work on the PC version these days (FMH (and particularly the iPhone game) is my baby) so I can't comment too much on the PC game, so please excuse me for not drawing conclusions too much.

However I would like people not to get overly carried away about one screenshot being posted of a result - I could easily replicate that by taking over liverpool and playing most of the match out of formation (ie. keeper up front etc.) ... I'm not saying that is the case and obviously it should be looked into, if it is an honest result I'm sure that Kevin3 will help us by posting a bug report about it and I'm sure someone from QA will request the pkm/save game in due course and we'll try and ascertain what happened and why.

PS - As with most people at SI I've played a fair few seasons on FM2012 already and I don't think its particularly 'easier' than previously versions personally ... although some of the features are slightly more intuitive and easier to understand which might indeed help people who were struggling, not because of their lack of knowledge or ability - but because of a misinterpretation of something.

With regards to people from SI 'not responding' to the thread - do bear in mind its the weekend chaps, most people do get some downtime from work ... even when they enjoy their jobs.

(thats my 'general take' rather than a company line - as I said, I'm not working on FM PC these days ...)

Thanks Marc for answering on Sunday, also because you are taking care about Mac products in these days.

Told that, I really do not follow you when you state that the situation can be easily replicated.....how can you easily replicate a situation where a team managed by human can win 20-30 matches straight just pressing " continue " botton ?

The only way to replicate 20-30 straight HUMAN player wins is the presence of a bug, IMHO.

Thx

PS - As with most people at SI I've played a fair few seasons on FM2012 already and I don't think its particularly 'easier' than previously versions personally ... although some of the features are slightly more intuitive and easier to understand which might indeed help people who were struggling, not because of their lack of knowledge or ability - but because of a misinterpretation of something.With regards to people from SI 'not responding' to the thread - do bear in mind its the weekend chaps, most people do get some downtime from work ... even when they enjoy their jobs.

I completely agree with this part, In the past versions i failed to understand alot of what i was doing via team moral, But with this version of FM a) Team talks are alot betting *Imo*, So therefore i feel i can see where i am going wrong if i am, And although i know not much has been done tactics wise, I am finding it easier to get my team to do what i want them too, In fairness im sure i could easily go and losa many games on the trot, And i have lost games where i still sit back and think "ok what happened there".

Archived