Leagues in FM12

Just to add something here, last year there were 51 playable leagues. We know Portugal are no longer playable leaving 50. Press releases have said there are 50+, so at least one more league has been added.

What? Portugal league wont be there?...why?, some license stuff?

The Portuguese league is playable, they just don;t have any of the licences for it, so no logos, player pics, correct competition names etc.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277223-FM-2012-and-Portuguese-League?highlight=portuguese+league

That doesn't say the Portuguse league won't be playable, just that SI don't have the license for it so have had to change club names and logos and can't include player portraits. I'd be frankly astounded if licence problems meant that they had to exclude the league completely.

The Portuguese league is playable, they just don;t have any of the licences for it, so no logos, player pics, correct competition names etc.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277223-FM-2012-and-Portuguese-League?highlight=portuguese+league

That doesn't say the Portuguse league won't be playable, just that SI don't have the license for it so have had to change club names and logos and can't include player portraits. I'd be frankly astounded if licence problems meant that they had to exclude the league completely.

I know, thats why I said 'the Portuguese league IS playable'

It is, but I think thats more to do with the fact that Konami seem to have never ending exclusive rights on anything to do with the J-League. An example of an unlicenced league in FM is the Premier League. EA hold the rights but it's still in the game, minus logos etc.

I suppose it depends how stringent the terms of the licences are. Like the no German or Dutch national team players 'problem'!

Archived