Football Manager 2012 compatible with iPhone 4S and its new iOS 5?

Hey FM community ~

I just pre-order my new iPhone 4S with iOS 5, to be delivered by October 14th. Having said that, does anyone know if there will be any compatibility issues if I were to purchase Football Manager 2012 for my new iPhone?

Thank you all for your feedback on this question.

P.S. I know that it's compatible with iPhone 4's iOS 4, and hopefully it will be playable on the new iOS 5 too.

Thank you Marc, I'll have now a peace of mind knowing that you guys will be doing the respective testing to ensure that FM 2012 functions as expected with any iOS.

Last, but not least, I've already started playing the demo version, and I have to say that I'm delighted. Looking anxiously for the official version to make its debut.

Thank you Marc, I'll have now a peace of mind knowing that you guys will be doing the respective testing to ensure that FM 2012 functions as expected with any iOS.

Last, but not least, I've already started playing the demo version, and I have to say that I'm delighted. Looking anxiously for the official version to make its debut.

Where? How? I want it too!

...I can only presume he is referring to the PC/Mac game.

Marc's comment nailed it, the demo version that I'm currently playing is in fact on my Mac. Nonetheless, once I get my new iPhone 4S, and FM 2012 is released for purchase, I'll definitely going to be buying for my iPhone, as I hardly have anytime to play on my computer. On the other hand, having my phone with me at all times, I can play it at any given time. That's another reason why I chose to buy the new iPhone 4S instead of an iPad.

Marc's comment nailed it, the demo version that I'm currently playing is in fact on my Mac.

Nice to see that that you are exited about the new game, however please do remember that FM Handheld on the iOS and PSP platforms are very different from the PC/Mac version, so if you pick up FMH 2012 on the iPhone expecting it to be just like the PC demo, you'll be in for quite a shock. :) They are basically two different games. (with the handheld versions being the ones which I personally have enjoyed more in recent years)

Anyway, I've been running the iOS 5 beta on the iPhone 4 for the last few months, and there has never been any issues at all with running FMH 2011 on it. :)

however please do remember that FM Handheld on the iOS and PSP platforms are very different from the PC/Mac version, so if you pick up FMH 2012 on the iPhone expecting it to be just like the PC demo, you'll be in for quite a shock. :) They are basically two different games.

Thanks for the advise, but I have to come to learn more and more about the differences as I dig further into Youtube videos, which is a real disheartening. Now, I'm somewhat skeptical as to whether I'll buy it, will see once the game gets released for sale.

Thanks for the advise, but I have to come to learn more and more about the differences as I dig further into Youtube videos, which is a real disheartening. Now, I'm somewhat skeptical as to whether I'll buy it, will see once the game gets released for sale.

Depends on what you want. It's supposed to be a pick-up and play experience, so I'm extremely happy it doesn't have the micromanagement degree of FM. Still it's deep enough to make the time invested playing worthwhile.

Basically, comparisons with it's big brother are rather fruitless. They're intended for 2 different types of game play.

• SI Staff
Basically, comparisons with it's big brother are rather fruitless. They're intended for 2 different types of game play.

Thats it in a nutshell really - I've worked on and play both.

FM PC/Mac is a beast of a game, its intended to be as realistic as humanly possible and I personally see no point sitting down to play it unless I've a minimum of an hour to dedicate to it (otherwise I feel rushed and tend to not take enough time to do things properly ... which leads to bad results and ultimately me sulking ;) ). A seasons play on this title for me is measured in days of play rather than hours.

Football Manager Handheld is more akin to our earlier titles, its still realistic - however its not quite as in-depth (some might say anal ;) ) in some areas and is intended to be faster and lighter to play. If you have 10-15 minutes of time to spare then you can easily blast through a couple of matches on FMH, which makes it ideal for commutes into school/work or waiting to pick up the kids etc.

A seasons play on this title for me can be easily undertaken in an evening (and often is :D).

So basically I'd echo what the others are saying - don't expect it to be its big brother, its not intended to be ... its not better or worse than it, its just different and proud to be so :D

Archived