My last game before 2008

So I took over at "Citeh". You are all my assistant coaches/scouts and I need your help ok? I have an update on my game and I'm looking at what squad improvements to make. I'm getting Akinfeev, Pazzini & De Jong, so the goalkeeper, defensive midfield and forward situations I am happy with. However I need to beef up the D & AM and I have about 25m to spend.

Defense: I have the promising Garrido at left back and I'm happy with him. I also have the mighty Micah who I plan to play in defense. Who else should I get? I ONLY sign young players and after doing a search I came up with 3 useful candidates: Heitinga, Anton Ferdinand & Curtis Davies. Who should I get? Maybe Kompany but I worry about his injury proneness. What do we know about this Heitinga chappie? Is he better at right back or center back? He looks promising and 21 caps for Holland at the age of 22 is pretty impressive. I could get him for about 3.5m. Onuoha also looks promising. What do we know about this R/C defender? I could get Heitinga at right back, but who's better for center back, Ferdinand or Davies? They look pretty even to me.

Attacking midfield: Ok wide open here. Haven't done too much research here but plan on picking up one good AM for now. Needs to not be AML or AMR but MC, AMC, AMRC, AMLC is fine. I'm a big fan of Schweinsteiger & Ribery. Who else is there? Help me out, people!

So I took over at "Citeh". You are all my assistant coaches/scouts and I need your help ok? I have an update on my game and I'm looking at what squad improvements to make. I'm getting Akinfeev, Pazzini & De Jong, so the goalkeeper, defensive midfield and forward situations I am happy with. However I need to beef up the D & AM and I have about 25m to spend.

Defense: I have the promising Garrido at left back and I'm happy with him. I also have the mighty Micah who I plan to play in defense. Who else should I get? I ONLY sign young players and after doing a search I came up with 3 useful candidates: Heitinga, Anton Ferdinand & Curtis Davies. Who should I get? Maybe Kompany but I worry about his injury proneness. What do we know about this Heitinga chappie? Is he better at right back or center back? He looks promising and 21 caps for Holland at the age of 22 is pretty impressive. I could get him for about 3.5m. Onuoha also looks promising. What do we know about this R/C defender? I could get Heitinga at right back, but who's better for center back, Ferdinand or Davies? They look pretty even to me.

Attacking midfield: Ok wide open here. Haven't done too much research here but plan on picking up one good AM for now. Needs to not be AML or AMR but MC, AMC, AMRC, AMLC is fine. I'm a big fan of Schweinsteiger & Ribery. Who else is there? Help me out, people!

Ok so here is my team going into the first game:

G Akinfeev (20)

RB Rafinha (20)

LB Jones (20)/Garrido (21)

CB Richards(18)

CB Ferdinand (21)

DM De Jong (21)

AM Ribery (23)

AM Elano (25)

AM Barreto (22)

F Pazzini (21)

F Bojinov(20)

Looking forward to seeing how this young team does in its first season.

No more money to spend. When I first take over a team I don't really worry about strengthening backup positions. Every player I bought has gone straight into the first team - except for the cheap Torre & dos Santos who have gone out on loan. Plus I have Isaacson & Schmeichel so I should be good. I'll check out Modrid & Guardado. Thanks for the advice, peeps.

First game - lost 3-1 at Wigan. Dissapointing start but nice debut goal for Pazzini. Then had a couple of good home wins and then it was away to United and home to Chelsea…

Man Utd 0-1 Man City (Richards) !!!!!

The fans love me now. I think I could lose all the rest of my games and I'll still be a hero! icon_smile.gif

Then…

Man City 1 (Baretto) - 1 Chelsea

Tying goal with 5 mins left.

So things are lookin' up. Pazzini & Ribery have been amazing so far. And Igor's playing well after having a howler in his debut.

COME ON, CITEH!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

Forgot about Elano </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget about elano! icon_frown.gif

He plays amazing for me in a 4-1-3-2 on the right of the midfield 3.

He scores on average around 15 goals per season and gets lots of assists.

Archived