Demo Bug for Teams Generating Players that are World Class

I hope this dosent does not happen in final release, but this bug occurred few years ago and can be ground breaking and frustrating if playing on small or medium player database where not enough players are generated to populate some teams. In the case where team does not have enough real life players from the database it generates world class players which are too good.

I noticed this happening in the demo when playing CSKA Moscow in my first Champions League game as I was curious who their replacement goalkeeper was as I had just bought Ankinvee from them. He wasn't too bad:

358ovwi.jpg

So I decided to check out the rest of the team and the players that had been generated were too damn good:

nmnmv4.png

vyjr8.png

Needles to say I got trounced by CSKA Moscow and totally ruined my enjoyment of the game when playing against teams who a majority of their players are missing from the player database and generated by the game as they are just too over powered at the moment.

So after looking around a bit more I checked out Germany which does not use real German players for licencing reasons and the squad was just a bit overpowering stats wise:

szx7d2.png

2dumkq0.png

I then went back to my friendly games and noticed that the those minor teams like Suwon in South Korea had damn good players all computer generated:

28cpo3t.png

All in all if the game is going to throw out generated players like these it just ruins the game for those of us not using huge databases.

What you got to think of is if the team is a top club in that country then they should have good player playing for them. So the AI tries to replicate it. I don't think it's over powered

It is when they have 70% possession, 27 shots on goal, 18 shots on target and beat you 5 - 1 and if not for my goalkeeper could have been a cricket score.

Last time i checked CSKA moscow were actually a good side

Totally agree they are a good side, but now they would give Barca a good spanking based on the generated players, this also doesn't apply just to CSKA Moscow check out most top foreign club teams and you will see some truly amazing players

Its to make it realistic. So every club thats hasn't got a full quarter shouldn't have any borderline world class players. Has for Germany they are a top international side so you would expect players with those stats, if you showed Qatar with a side full of greyed players with those stats then yes I'd agree. and the South Korean player stats are good not world class which can be expected for one or two players.

Totally agree they are a good side, but now they would give Barca a good spanking based on the generated players, this also doesn't apply just to CSKA Moscow check out most top foreign club teams and you will see some truly amazing players

Nothing to with your tactics or team talk. Just cause you lost your looking for excuses that the games is broke. Instead of reviewing the match and seeing why they scored and which player was at fault and what could have been done different.

Nothing to with your tactics or team talk. Just cause you lost your looking for excuses that the games is broke. Instead of reviewing the match and seeing why they scored and which player was at fault and what could have been done different.

I replayed the game 3 times doing exactly that, I tried using different tactics and each time i got trounced, but hey you probably right its just me as I only have over 10 years playing this game no clue whatsoever.

Seriously the only way to really find out is maybe if you tried playing them in a friendly and post your result, and if you don't get trounced I would be very interested in getting your tactic :)

Just to throw something out there, try an attacking but rigid and short passing 4-1-2-1-2 with a target man and press more/agressive tackling.

Against teams like that and the barcelona's of football, you need to stay rigid with little creative freedom.

Don't think anything really changed tbh this already happened to some extent on FM11.

I remember once getting APOEL Nicosia on a qualifier and thought they had some decent generated players, i guess the game just generates the players trying to match the team's reputation.

Your proof that auto generated players are overpowered for the teams they play for is terrible. CSKA are a champions league team and they got three distinctly average players generated for them. A goal keeper with poor positioning. A DM who is physically mediocre and offers nothing going forward and an AM who offers nothing defensively, and has very little end product.

I wouldn't give any of them a second look if I needed a player for a team in the champions league.

The argument always was that by not loading the russian leagues, there would be less russian players for them to replace akinfeev with.

Therefore, grey players should, at best, be as good as the best player NOT loaded.

In former games, when not loading Spain and buying a couple of strikers/keepers/fullbacks from a spanish team, their replacements would be amongst the best in the world. Players that definitely would have been loaded from the start.

So have the team either buy a replacement, or use a grey that isn't quite top level.

We have to generate 'virtual' players for sides where the starting DB size selected isn't large enough to fully populate a side. We want the virtual players generated to be of the same ability as the players in real life to maintain a competitive balance. If we generated rubbish players for these sides the game would be a cakewalk on a small DB. The pictures of those virtual's generated suggest we are generating virtual players of the correct ability.

Cheers.

We have to generate 'virtual' players for sides where the starting DB size selected isn't large enough to fully populate a side. We want the virtual players generated to be of the same ability as the players in real life to maintain a competitive balance. If we generated rubbish players for these sides the game would be a cakewalk on a small DB. The pictures of those virtual's generated suggest we are generating virtual players of the correct ability.

Cheers.

I agree with you Stu. Thank you for taking the time to reply

So after looking around a bit more I checked out Germany which does not use real German players for licencing reasons and the squad was just a bit overpowering stats wise:

in all if the game is going to throw out generated players like these it just ruins the game for those of us not using huge databases.

The German fake sides aren't really overpowering, their stats are identical to the actual German players. Compare Frank Franz in your screenshot to Mesut Ozil, and Uli Berger to Manuel Neuer. In fact I've just been through the entire German "Fake" team and then found their real-life counterpart, identical attributes and all. So the German fake side isn't overpowered, it's basically the real side but with different names.

Don't really see the problem. Wanted to get used to the tactics etc. so started with Man City and played Dortmund in a friendly. They only had a handful of real players and I trounced them 6-0! The grey players were defo mediocre.

Archived