What is new?

I think I started playing the game with FM07. I enjoyed all consecutive series until FM10. When 11 came out I did not buy it because I finally understood that it was not right to pay the price of a new game to get an updated database. I did not play FM11 deciding instead to only buy a new version if it was significantly new.

May I ask the community: is FM12 new? I would like to hear from seasoned and intelligent players. How big a steo forward is FM12?

Thank you

I think I started playing the game with FM07. I enjoyed all consecutive series until FM10. When 11 came out I did not buy it because I finally understood that it was not right to pay the price of a new game to get an updated database. I did not play FM11 deciding instead to only buy a new version if it was significantly new.

May I ask the community: is FM12 new? I would like to hear from seasoned and intelligent players. How big a steo forward is FM12?

Thank you

The funny thing is that I think you might of picked just about the worst moment to skip buying an annual edition. I was a big fan of FM07 (which generally seems to be held as the best ever, make of that what you will) and FM08 but struggled to get into either FM09 or 10.

And yet I personally happen to think that FM11 is the best version of the game ever. So if you still haven't moved on from 10, then I would suggest that 12 is probably worth a look at the very least.

Alternatively you could always just check out the demo.

The funny thing is that I think you might of picked just about the worst moment to skip buying an annual edition. I was a big fan of FM07 (which generally seems to be held as the best ever, make of that what you will) and FM08 but struggled to get into either FM09 or 10.

And yet I personally happen to think that FM11 is the best version of the game ever. So if you still haven't moved on from 10, then I would suggest that 12 is probably worth a look at the very least.

As a matter of fact I did play the FM11 demo before rejecting it.

Was going to post pretty much this, FM11 was about as big a revolution in the FM series as I've ever experienced in years of playing the game. I really think you picked the worst possible version to skip.

As for FM12, the ability to add and remove leagues and nations at any time of a save, the implementation of tones in conversations (which from my experience of the demo work brilliantly) and the ability to see instantly the effect on morale of your players from your overall team talks, combined with the ability to then give positional or individual added talks based on their reaction all combine to make FM12 for me an absolute must buy.

I've already pre-ordered it from steam on the strength of the demo alone, despite having promised myself I would wait till January this year due to having a great save on FM11 that I don't feel I've 'finished' just yet.

Hmmm I kind of like adding and removing leagues. This is something interesting. I also see FM is trying to implement more elements of a manager's character and/or personality, which, I have argued in the past, count more than positioning players on the field. I think a better implementation of that will take a few versions more, though. Looks like I am going to try the demo then.

FM12 imo looks the best for years.

Everything is so much smoother and one big part of any managers game is looking for players - seriously, check that out, so much easier to search for players. My PC spec is very top-end so I imagine this helps when loading lists but literally, I click to change from searching from defenders to midfielders and it's done within a split second - outrageously quick!

Nothing much has changed with training or tactics really though, tactics HAS to be looked at. I've always said it's way behind the times. On the green pitch we use to move players about, you should, imo, be able to stick a player ANYWHERE as his default position, not the rigid places we have now.

Loads of other improvements though, teamtalks are good....definitely worth a look this year.

Nothing much has changed with training or tactics really though, tactics HAS to be looked at. I've always said it's way behind the times. On the green pitch we use to move players about, you should, imo, be able to stick a player ANYWHERE as his default position, not the rigid places we have now.

I agree, but I would like to point out that while players might start in those positions they shouldn't neccessarily stay there. For instance there are lots of nominally wide players that generally drift into the middle, or alternatively wingers that sit higher up the pitch than strikers. And then there is Dani Alves...

Everything is so much smoother and one big part of any managers game is looking for players - seriously, check that out, so much easier to search for players.

For me that's actually a negative. If you give me more than a season at a bottom club i'll wind up with a squad a strong as the best of them and turn a profit too. Far too easy IMO to find the right players for little or nothing.

Archived