Soccer am in fm 2012

I agree, it's not a good thing to have. For a game that strives for and prides itself on realism it seems a bit inconsistent to include this team.

Reminds me of the days when Cambridge (if i remember rightly) had the Collyer brothers and they were incredibly good

Whilst I see the issue people have with them being in the game, it is probably hard-coded into the game that these players cannot leave Soccer AM and the team can never be in a playable division. They probably are only in the game for possible friendlies, which I don't mind as I think it is realistic that the Soccer AM team play maybe a friendly or two.

I agree, it's not a good thing to have. For a game that strives for and prides itself on realism it seems a bit inconsistent to include this team.

Reminds me of the days when Cambridge (if i remember rightly) had the Collyer brothers and they were incredibly good

Soccer AM is a real team that only plays friendlies. If realism is what you want then everyone would have to start unemployed with no experience. Not just click on a team they want to be in charge of i.e. kick Fergie out of the Man Utd job for example

This news fills me with dismay, I have to say. For us non-Brits, it makes no sense at all to have them in the game.Can the team be removed?
They're not really active in game. You can't sign any of their players (if I recall) and you can only play friendliest against them, which is the same as real life. So it really doesn't change anything from a realism perspective :)

I'm not keen on it, but provided the team act as they do in real life (friendlies only, no player movement) then I don't see a problem with it. Just as long as the players don't start moving to other clubs (as has happened when they have been included in the past).

Harchester United was pushing it a bit though ;)

Harchester United was a bad idea but the Soccer AM team is a real team that play friendlies so having them in the game is realistic. None of their players can be signed so it makes no difference to your save at all.

This news fills me with dismay, I have to say. For us non-Brits, it makes no sense at all to have them in the game.

Can the team be removed?

I think dismay is a tad OTT ;) but I agree the game strives for realism so why are they there? Even for us Brits it seems pointless, especially as has been hinted at, no sod watches it anymore.

Are there SI staff at real teams? I have seen a couple in the demo (one is at Braintree iirc) put presumed they were just regens who had been randomly assigned those names?

Are there SI staff at real teams? I have seen a couple in the demo (one is at Braintree iirc) put presumed they were just regens who had been randomly assigned those names?

They're regens. Yep :)

It speaks volumes about the quality of a show when you remove Tim Lovejoy and it gets even worse.

tim is pretty much a one trick pony and soccer am was the perfect vehicle for him.

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand who is this team :S

Can someone help me?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270804/

They are from a football TV show on Sky TV features a lot of attempted football related comedy sketches and features, interviews with celebrities and other football related features. Over the years though it has really started to lose it's appeal.

People are moaning saying it is unrealistic to have their football team in the game despite the fact that they are a real football team that plays real football friendlies. The players will never leave them and they never compete in a proper league so it makes no difference having them in the game.

• 3 weeks later...
Harchester United was a bad idea but the Soccer AM team is a real team that play friendlies so having them in the game is realistic. None of their players can be signed so it makes no difference to your save at all.

i believe you could "un-tick" harchester united when they were in the game.

i believe you could "un-tick" harchester united when they were in the game.

You could but this is different. I think you could buy players from Harchester on the game, the soccer am players cannot be signed and make no difference to anyone's save so I really don't understand people moaning about it.

You could but this is different. I think you could buy players from Harchester on the game, the soccer am players cannot be signed and make no difference to anyone's save so I really don't understand people moaning about it.

yeah, i agree. pretty sure they are all crap too. i mean, even as a blue square n/s i'm not sure you'd want any of them so i don't see the point in this debate at all. just something for the complainers to complain about i guess. but it doesn't even matter because you can't sign them... so yeah.

Archived