Will you buy digital version or disc version of Football Manager 2012?

I notice the digital version is more expensive than the disc version, thought would be other way round. Will you download the digital version and have it for day of release and save yourself the hassle of going to the shops or will you buy online or even buy it at midnight from a supermarket. I remember Tescos done a deal where you could buy a pizza with previous version of football manager for £27 or £30 I forget the exact amount.

For me,digital version is the way to go. I no longer want boxes and boxes of games cluttering up my place. I know this discs more expensive but I guess it costs more overall (production/distribution etc) to get it to your desk.

I find it really irritating that I'm causing the waste of having a disc and cover printed, sent to me through the post, with packaging, to save myself a few quid. Normally I'd pay the extra for digital download but as I'm going away just after the release date and won't be playing the game for a few days I'm buying the disc: it really won't matter if it arrives late.

But it rankles with me that the digital download cost is more than the old fashioned way when there are less costs involved, just as it annoys me if publishers charge me more to download to my Kindle than to buy a dead tree book. If there's no physical object it should cost less!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived