Football Manager 2012 Demo Problems - Help?!

I have a problem with the Football Manager 2012 demo on my brand new laptop, which is a very good spec, DELL XPS, which costs over £800.

I have attempted the suggested solutions on the other thread which you cannot comment in, where you right click on properties in Steam, but the bugs have not been fixed.

Bug 1) XML Parsing Error - when I go to team selection it often brings up this message, shrinks the game to half the screen, and makes the game go all fuzzy. When you click OK it will go back to full screen but still fuzzy. You cannot click on any of the buttons as it is all out of alignment. So you have to press the space bar to continue, the message pops up again, press OK and it goes back to normal again.

Bug 2) After doing 'Opposition Instructions' and 'Team Talk' and then pressing play to go to the game, FM will minimise and then as soon as the game starts it pops up again. This takes about 30 secs for it to pop up after minimising.

Bug 3) Something which has happened twice now is where the screen just goes black and you can't do anything, not even CTRL + ALT + Delete...you just have to turn the laptop off by the on/off button and you lose your game.

Can anyone suggest solutions to all these problems?

I take it your laptop is fully upto date Windows update wise?

Yes!

Both Bug 1 and 2 have been caused by an unexpected shutdown of FM, Does your laptop shut down randomly, are the hard drives still spinning? or is the laptop completely dead?

Well it only does it when I'm on FM. Cannot remember whether hard drives are still spinning...

• Administrators

Try deleting your settings folder:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2012 Demo” Folder.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2012 Demo” Folder.

Archived