Another steam problem - demo already running

Hi all,

I downloaded the FM12 demo earlier but whenever I go to play it - either through the desktop icon or steam - I get the message 'Error: Football Manager 12 Demo is already running', even though it isn't open or showing in task manager. Good old steam eh? :thdn:

I've had a quick look around and can't find the solution and have to go soon, so if anyone can come up with a solution and post it in here I'll be very grateful.

Cheers.

• Administrators
That's for when steam is already running, my problem is with the game, but when I get back I'll give it a go anyway, ta.

It says at the top "When I attempt to launch Steam or a game" so it is the correct guide.

It says at the top "When I attempt to launch Steam or a game" so it is the correct guide.

Ah right, only read the title at the time but got it working without it anyway.

Just gone back on my laptop and it says I've been playing for 3 hours, clicked to play and it said it was already running, tried again and it worked. Bit weird, but at least I'm finally on it.

Ah right, only read the title at the time but got it working without it anyway.

Just gone back on my laptop and it says I've been playing for 3 hours, clicked to play and it said it was already running, tried again and it worked. Bit weird, but at least I'm finally on it.

how did u fix it. i have same problem

Archived