Using Steam - can you do this?

sorry if its a silly question but i have trawled the boards with no joy so here goes...

Downloaded the game on both my desktop and laptop, and i stay online whilst playing the game...

started the demo on the desktop...and now looking to carry on with the game on my laptop...

so can this be done is my question...?

i.e. play a while of the desktop and then save, log out and then log in on the laptop and carry on playing the same saved game?

if its no then fine if its yes then how, cos i can't seem to find the option!:confused:

thanks...

You can. But you need to transfer your saved game from Desktop to Laptop and vice versa as it's being saved on your computer and not online.

You can find the saved game here: C:\Users\Your Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012 Demo\games

You can save the game onto a memory stick and load it on your laptop.

I'm not sure if FM supports cloud saves in Steam. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't supported as I've seen FM save games hit 300-400 Megs even when compressed. The Steam cloud settings are found Steam > Settings > Downloads + Cloud, make sure the Steam Cloud sync option is ticked. Then right click on FM in Steam and go Properties > Updates and make sure Steam cloud sync is ticked there as well. If it is supported you will be able to download the same save on both computers.

I think they just mean that you can download, install and play on as many computers you wish, though only one computer at a time.

But if you want to play on the same save, you need to bring it along on a usb-thingy :D

Look into using Steamcloud, FM12 is cloud enabled.

i have enabled that in my steam preferences but makes no difference...the laptop does say how many minutes played but when i fire up the game it does not see the saved game?

maybe its not for the demo?

Archived