Fallen Giants absent from the Champions League

Just witnessed the weakest group stages draw for Champions League i've ever seen. It looks like the group stages from the Europa League wow :eek:

europeanchampionscupinfj.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Liking the inclusion of 4 eastern european teams! And the absence of teams like AC Milan, Real Madrid, Juventus, Roma, Valencia and OM.

Shocking. Hopefully I have a good chance at winning the tournament for once! :D

No chance - the European killers, Man City, are still in the mix! I have an unbelievably bad record against them.

Haha, no chance. They have a fanstastic squad, but when your managed by Rafa Benitez, not even top 4 is guaranteed ;) . My bogey teams in the CL are Barcelona and Marseille! :o

Yeah, obviously it will still be very tough to win the competition as i've yet to win it in this save! Reached two finals one in 2012, the other in 2016. Beaten by Barcelona in 2012 and OM in 2016, who are the first team to retain the trophy.

Their are strong teams in this. A.Madrid and Sevilla being particular dark horses. Yet we all know how infamously bad the AI is at team building. ;)

Yeah, obviously it will still be very tough to win the competition as i've yet to win it in this save! Reached two finals one in 2012, the other in 2016. Beaten by Barcelona in 2012 and OM in 2016, who are the first team to retain the trophy.

I forgot the frenchies who wildly overperform in my saves, it is indeed a little odd neither Marseille nor Lyon are in there. In my save both Lyon and Marseille had won the Champions League by 2013. :eek: Then Marseille won it again in 2018 and 2019. Remarkable since in real life, there's only ever been a french winner of the Champions League/Cup (Marseille '1993).

Archived