Patching system in FM12?

In FM11 there was one patch in the day the game was released, one more around christmas and third one (final) two, three months after. Patches are essential because of the HUGE amount of bugs that fixes, SO what is YOUR idea in this area for Football Manager 12 it is an IMPORTANT ISSUE?????

Actually now that FM is steam linked I see no reason why SI cannot drip feed updates on a more regular basis, by all means have the post launch/transfer window patches but I'd like to see more frequent hotfixes.

Actually now that FM is steam linked I see no reason why SI cannot drip feed updates on a more regular basis, by all means have the post launch/transfer window patches but I'd like to see more frequent hotfixes.

The trouble with that is the number of knock-on bugs that are caused by fixes. So much of the game is interlinked that changing one thing can have unexpected consequences on something else. As far as I know SI have to do pretty extensive testing when they change anything, with the possible exception of text errors, so I doubt if there will be much change in the patching schedule.

I'm guessing here, but there seem to be remarkably few bugs in the demo and mostly minor ones at that. I wouldn't be surprised if they release one minor patch on the 21st and then you're good to go for the year!

I hope they do an update after the Christmas transfer window!

For me, the only thing that really bothers me is the match stopping when you minimize the screen playing in full screen mode. I do that in most games (though probably won't when I first get it), so really hope that gets sorted ASAP.

For me, the only thing that really bothers me is the match stopping when you minimize the screen playing in full screen mode. I do that in most games (though probably won't when I first get it), so really hope that gets sorted ASAP.

plaly in full screen window mode.. no pausing.

Archived