The demo and the full game on steam.

Hey there folks. I wrote this question on the feedback section but did not get a reply. Probably got lost in hundreds of messages.

I know that in some games when you download the demo and than purchase the full game, steam just installs the neccesary parts or only unlocks the full game without downloading anything.

Is this the case for FM12 demo?

If we download the FM12 demo and when the game is released, will it just download the neccesary remainign files? or will it just UNLOCK the full game and perhaps only download a patch ( i am saying this because the demo is really huge. I think bigger than the last full release games itself ) or will we download the full FM12 game as a different file from the very beginning?

Thank you.

Since I'm in the U.S., the best option for me has been to buy from Steam.

In my experience, after pre-ordering and downloading the demo, the game seems to install extremely quickly. Sure, it's been about a year since I last downloaded a full version of the game, but I seem to remember it taking a shorter amount of time than downloading the demo did, or at least not being significantly longer. I believe that the full version takes some of those files into account in the download.

Again, though, it's been a while and a lot has happened in my life the past year, so I may very well be wrong.

Since I'm in the U.S., the best option for me has been to buy from Steam.

In my experience, after pre-ordering and downloading the demo, the game seems to install extremely quickly. Sure, it's been about a year since I last downloaded a full version of the game, but I seem to remember it taking a shorter amount of time than downloading the demo did, or at least not being significantly longer. I believe that the full version takes some of those files into account in the download.

Again, though, it's been a while and a lot has happened in my life the past year, so I may very well be wrong.

True

THis happened to me with Portal 1. I downloaded the demo first, than when i bought the game it just downloaded the remaining files.

Also in Torchlight i believe i downloaded the demo first. THan bought it, and it just unclocked the game. Maybe downloaded a very small portion.

But it seems not to be the case with FM12.

Archived