Future FM request: Score alert

Here in Brazil, when we have a goal in brazilian serie A or B, a ball shows in the screen of the TV and announce the goal and the position for the teams in the moment. I think personally this could be a feature for FM 13, a real time score alert in the 3d, especially in last week matches, when we have to looking for other results.

Sorry for the poor english guys

Here in Brazil, when we have a goal in brazilian serie A or B, a ball shows in the screen of the TV and announce the goal and the position for the teams in the moment. I think personally this could be a feature for FM 13, a real time score alert in the 3d, especially in last week matches, when we have to looking for other results.

Sorry for the poor english guys

Good post, great idea. Simply could have a lashing icon or a commentary line saying "Goal at xyz", up to you then to bring up the latest scores widget to check it out. Only necessary where the other game effects your team (Championship/ Promotion /relegation issues)

I use the "latest score" drop-down near the end of the season for keeping an eye on my rival's matches. The problem is that at the vital time in the last ten minutes you have to pause the game to scroll down through a load of matches that you aren't interested in - by then it takes up space with all the goal scorer info. What this needs is tick box by each game so can only display the one or two games that actually matter to you.

I like this idea, but yeah the latest score already covers this. More life like would have the commentary say text like, " The crowd seem to have heard the score from xyz" or "News filtering in from xyz means ( your team here ) need to score 2 more goals".

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a long-overdue feature... "Goal updates" doesn't work well as we can't filter out the games we're not interested in...

Quite odd it hasn't been implemented already, considering it was available on The Manager 20 years ago!

Just put up the latest scores and the league table when viewing the match?

I don't like this idea. The screen is already too busy and I'm too busy concentrating on my own match to give a fiddles what's happening elsewhere.

Perhaps at the end of the season at crunch games, like if you are battling for top spot, it might be nice to get a goal flash and a league table pop up.

But as I say, I already stick the league table and the current scores up.

Just put up the latest scores and the league table when viewing the match?

I don't like this idea. The screen is already too busy and I'm too busy concentrating on my own match to give a fiddles what's happening elsewhere.

But surely keeping the league table and the latest scores box on the screen isn't going to reduce the business of the screen ;)

A simple and tiny pop-up widget can allow us to get rid of TWO bigger screens... how isn't it helpful?

I use the widgets a lot and they take up too much room on the screen. I usually keep my team's ratings up and also my team's motivation. It would be nice if they could be made smaller. (Have an option to reduce their size by increments of 25% in the display preferences screen for example).

Also I'd like the option to get rid of the semi transparent box and just have the text displayed. (Providing it was in a font color that you could read easily).

But I do like the OP's suggestion. Maybe even a 'news ticker' at the bottom of the screen with goal updates would work just as well?

Archived