Am I the only one finding it difficult to buy players?

I am trying to buy players such as Christian Erikson, Jack Rodwell, Alan Dzagoev and Yann M'Vila for Spurs in the demo and every time I negotiate the price asked, the selling team UPS the price!

Now I may not be the greatest businessman on the planet but I'm pretty sure that's not how a negotiation is meant to work out!

It might not just be players. My afternoon was spent trying to convince someone -- anyone -- to take up the vacant Assistant Manager position at Tonbridge. It took no small amount of concessions of my end (namely in the JPA/JPP area) to finally find someone who would listen to my contract offers. Maybe that's the twist this year... no easy rides on the transfer market!

Probably reflects the market at the moment. People want way over the odds for players. I'm spurs too, my problem is despite 70m odd in the back they won't give me any more money. I tried to sell Pav and porto offered 8m but they couldn't go through with it. I bought Gary Cahill to solve the CB injury crisis but I'd like a couple more players. Such is life.

I sold Reina too Man City for £48m.

Tried to sign Mcgregor from Rangers but they wanted £8.5m.

Decided it be best to spend a little more and get a much better player, so opted for Joe Hart, incredibly, signed him for £11m. [it was actually, £3m and £8m over 18 months]

Completely shocked by that.

I ended up with no other signings, except for Thiago on loan from Barcelona.

Did try too sign, Huddlestone but £10m was rejected, tried to get Scott Dann but £10m was rejected and tried to sign Pranjic and £15m was rejected.

Tried to buy Angel Di Maria.. bidded upto 93M with Man City and they just rejected it.

Seriously..

It seems that the players with values of around 5m - you have to pay around 17m. And the players which are around 19M TV, you have to pay minimum 35M.

Also, I tried bidding on Willian, 15M.. rejected. Man Utd bid his transfer value of 7.8M. Accepted.

It seems the AI can get players cheaper for some reason.

Only issue I'm having so far is I'm playing as Arsenal and I made an enquiry to City for Tevez which they told me £16 million. I agreed and they accepted. Obviously his wages were a bit much for us but I worked a way to make it decent, but the Agent was pushing for 6.5 million signing on fee, when I was only willing to do 5 million (was just testing out to see if I could actually sign him). The agent eventually left discussions and it said Tevez was upset at that and sacked him. I went back for Tevez but his agent was still there!

I tried the transfer several times ans each time the agent left the negotiations, Tevez sacked him, but then he was still there. Pretty weird.

Only issue I'm having so far is I'm playing as Arsenal and I made an enquiry to City for Tevez which they told me £16 million. I agreed and they accepted. Obviously his wages were a bit much for us but I worked a way to make it decent, but the Agent was pushing for 6.5 million signing on fee, when I was only willing to do 5 million (was just testing out to see if I could actually sign him). The agent eventually left discussions and it said Tevez was upset at that and sacked him. I went back for Tevez but his agent was still there!

I tried the transfer several times ans each time the agent left the negotiations, Tevez sacked him, but then he was still there. Pretty weird.

You may want to bring that up in the bugs forum and give screen prints

I tried to sign Glen Johnson (think the highest I went up to was £22M) and rejected. Turned my attention to Kyle Walker and had £14M all up front - rejected. Tried £11M up front +" £9M add-ons, still rejected! Also tried to sign Wilfred Zaha and had for fork out £5M up-front, £4M after 40 league games and 30% of sell-on-profit, the greedy bugger still turned down my contract offer!

Here is a tip to help stop the auction for players when you are bidding and 9 out of 10 times, you end up losing the player or paying extortionist agents and clubs ridiculous amounts of money.

1-Go to Shortlist, and on the right hand side click "Shortlist" button.

2-Choose "New Shortlist" and save it with your name.

3-Click again "Shortlist" and choose "Set Active Shortlists" and un-tick your new "Shortlist". That's it.

No more auctions for players you send to your Shortlist.

For me it seems really quick and easy to sell players for the exact price you want(or close enough).

As Real I managed to sell Kaka- £25m, Diarra- £11m within a day or two. Buying is another matter. Lille wanted 50m+ for Hazard, fair enough I thought he's a bloody good player, and Neymar set me back £55m, which os probably accurate.

The surprise was being able to sign Sandro for £15m. Wouldn't happen. But remember, this is the first transfer window, teams aren't willing to sell on the whole.

I am trying to buy players such as Christian Erikson, Jack Rodwell, Alan Dzagoev and Yann M'Vila for Spurs in the demo and every time I negotiate the price asked, the selling team UPS the price!

Now I may not be the greatest businessman on the planet but I'm pretty sure that's not how a negotiation is meant to work out!

I'm having a heck of a time and I seem to be targeting the same players as you. I certainly need a crash course in FM12 negotiations.

As Man United I wanted someone better than Carrick, and Fellaini was recommended. In this case, my first transfer, the board stepped in and got him, so I didn't participate in the negotiations.

But after that I went for Erkisen and Rodwell and cover for RB. In each case my attempts to close a transfer fee went as you described. Eventually I closed the deals by putting huge 48 month and after 40 games/50 goals clauses in.

Then it got tricky. The agents wanted wages and appearance fees I couldn't meet, so I locked certain clauses. Then they banged in with ridiculous extra add-ons. Every attempt to haggle over those brought way higher ones next round, then the agent got fed up and pulled out. Every time. Therefore, the sole transfer I got in was the one I didn't negotiate. Ouch! Need help big time here!

I signed Jan Vertonghen from Ajax as NUFC for £8m upfront which is quite realistic and fair value. I think he was currently valued at around £4m when i negotiated the sale price. Also signed Sturridge on loan (BEAST) for free which tbh thought was very unrealistic as chelsea would in real life expect a fee for this type of proven player.

I got vertonghen for 8m too, i also signed shaqiri for 7m, which are both realistic prices so i'm not saying they are all out of whack, but rodwell was about 27m, lavezzi and cavani were 30m+ and honda from CSKA was 28m as well

Yes and No lol

Some players are easily brought via overpricing, But then there are some that wont even consider a contract, and tbh seems a little unrealistic to me.

IE Raul Albiol (Madrid) squad rotation around 50k wages, now surely he would be interested in a move to spurs or similar rep teams, who'd gurantee him first team plus would almost double his wage?

I understand it is near on impossible to know who would and would not sign for who, but maybe more leeway could be used. (lets say 1500 rep points or something along those lines)

Consider this, the value is what he is worth on the books, but the selling price is what the teams values him at. If he is very important to the team, they wont sell cheaply.

Although I do agree that selling players is much harder. You cannot ask for outrageous prices like the ai can and you can barely get over the market value (when they enquire, not when you sell). This in turn upsets the player, although the inclusion of the tone system has made it easier to pull players back from the brink. This is perhaps my only issue with the transfer system.

The transfer market seems much improved.

Selling clubs are always looking to test your patience and get the best deal, which I like. Previously you could agree a fee within half a day, how often does that happen in reality though?

IE Raul Albiol (Madrid) squad rotation around 50k wages, now surely he would be interested in a move to spurs or similar rep teams, who'd gurantee him first team plus would almost double his wage?

Speaking of 'reality' i'm pretty sure Raul Albiol wouldn't think twice to agree for a spurs move should they come after him. It makes even more sense in fm so why does this work this way (rejecting) is a mystery to me. Entirely agreed with you there.

There are other good things that were pointed out here, but in general the transfers system is improving. Little by little. Only one thing i think i will never figure out, why does it always have to be such a pain in the a** when i want to sell somebody for a bit more than their market value. Why not make it easy? When the only hard part would be the actual decision to sell? If in reality a club like Real Madrid would want to offload, for example, Diarra, they would find a buyer in two weeks for a good price. Why not just make the same in fm?

Don't mind me...

Archived