What you don't like in FM12 (if any) ?

I am just wondering if little (or bigger) things we don't like in recent FM's are not the same for most of us and if so, maybe SI would change them in the future.

On my hand I find it hard to properly getting back into FM series since FM2009 (which I sometimes still play on) and I think I know why : the UI

For me the UI has been improved year after year until it reached its perfection in 2009, then it has started decreasing, to what we have now.

- When I see so many colours (with a code which I guess is supposed to make things obvious for users, well if so I do think it's a fail), skin colours, size (and even style) of lines and words, can we actually say it is beautiful ?

- When I see some icons more superficial than useful, so many toolbars (let's just take the news page for example : calendar bar, back/forward and so on bar, overview/news and so on bar, inbox/manage subscriptions bar... at least if we could access everything with one click thanks to these awful and confusing things, but again it's far from there), icons that you can customize however you still have to select back the customized bar as there's no way to make it stay by default, how practical and easy are these things supposed to be ?

- And the information still badly placed : Continue on top right corner while everything else is done far from there (with the inbox on the opposite while it is the other biggest part of the screen we spend on ; and no the space bouton is not an excuse as I like doing everything from one hand on the mouse), some information and shortcuts/links/buttons on both sides of the screen, actually on four sides and corners of the screen.

Sometimes I wish SI had the idea to load back FM2009 for a minute and see how beautiful (the skin and the general colours choice), useful, simple (very important) and quick (much quicker for the same amount of information) the UI was. I am even wondering if the originator of FM2009's ideas has not left SI and had a clause to keep everything he did with him away from SI. This is the only explanation I can find towards the main wrong direction SI has been to since 2009.

Don't get me wrong, new features, 3D ME and of course the updated database are great things, which would be enough to make it the best game ever for most of us as every year. However, couldn't it be even better than it is ? For such reasons I wish I could find an updated database for FM2009 with the current rosters and player strenghts....

So my question is am I the only one to prefer FM2009's UI to the latter ones ?

Your not alone on that regard, I prefer an old game, despite my opinion FM07 is the best, because its quick, simple to navigate and it is well balanced with the right amount of data.

If I recall correct FM07 was all before the press and media interviews and stuff that can take up waaay too much time!

i personally feel that the presentation can still be polished.

look at EA's football games (don't bash me haha just making a point), and they have really slick and good presentation (gameplay is a totally different matter).

i just feel the series could do with a little shakeup if you know what i mean.

yep totally agree older games such as fm07 and fm09 are better games although fm12 still a good game.

but has become more complicated than need be in last couple of years. the match engine continues to become more polished

and only new feature i think will benefit long term gamers is add and remove leagues i love this feature.

as this is football manager still think international management area could have been further improved.

am fed up being told there are 800 new features when really there are only a few major improvements.

when listening to podcast on feature roulette the improvements mentioned don't really wow me.

Archived