release date for fmh2012

Is Football Manager usually out by now ?. I dont remember it being this late. I like the information on the FM.com especially the stadium expansion part. If this information is not correct and its posted on the official site then somebody has boo booed big time. It better not be fcuking £36 on the PSN again.

• SI Staff
Is Football Manager usually out by now ?. I dont remember it being this late. I like the information on the FM.com especially the stadium expansion part. If this information is not correct and its posted on the official site then somebody has boo booed big time. It better not be fcuking £36 on the PSN again.

I can't comment on the information posted on FM.com apart from to say that its not wholly accurate for the handheld games; at this time no official announcement regarding the games feature lists has been made; I expect that unfortunately what was posted initially on the site was intended as 'place holder' text which somehow went live.

Finally - no the game isn't normally out by now, last year I think the PSP was released on November 26th (if I remember right) for instance ... with regards to pricing that isn't anything to do with me personally and I have no idea what the PSN price-point will be at present, when I hear I'll obviously let you know.

...Could do with playing FM on the plane to New York

Do commercial airlines even allow passengers to have their phone on during the flight? I've seen news articles were a passenger got into an argument with the airline crew when they asked him to turned his phone device. The passenger refused to stating that he had his phone on "airplane status", and it should not interfere with traffic signals. Nonetheless, the flight attended insisted to have it turned off. Thus, I'm skeptical as to whether we'll be able to play FM on flights. If this has changed as of late, I'll be interested if reading an official statement from the FAA confirming this, as I'll be traveling myself too in the upcoming few months.

Do commercial airlines even allow passengers to have their phone on during the flight? I've seen news articles were a passenger got into an argument with the airline crew when they asked him to turned his phone device. The passenger refused to stating that he had his phone on "airplane status", and it should not interfere with traffic signals. Nonetheless, the flight attended insisted to have it turned off. Thus, I'm skeptical as to whether we'll be able to play FM on flights. If this has changed as of late, I'll be interested if reading an official statement from the FAA confirming this, as I'll be traveling myself too in the upcoming few months.

All that nonsense happened in US, right?

In Europe they're only picky during take-off and landing.

All that nonsense happened in US, right?

In Europe they're only picky during take-off and landing.

+1

Flew from england (newcastle airport) to Tenerife and they only wanted my iPod touch and mobile in Airplane mode. You cant get a signal up there anyway so >.>

People tend to be picky when you win the FA cup over Man U with Hartlepool United and almost scream like you're actually there and the full time whistle comes in.

• SI Staff

Most airlines are 'picky' about things being fully powered down during take-off and landing - but once you're fully 'in-flight' I've never had any of them have a problem with using electronic devices in AirPlane mode.

(this includes US internal flights)

• SI Staff
i do find this site quite incredible that nobody seems to know when a game is being made,surely an update could be made to let people know if a game is somewhere near being released or not.

We're quite aware of 'when a game is being made' - however at present I'm not at liberty to update anyone regarding the planned schedules for the handheld products. Some of this is down to uncertain timescales involved with aspects of development (most usually reproduction timescales for disks, submission acceptance timeframes for digitally distributed products where a non-SEGA corporation has to approve something for sale etc.).

Once I'm given the go-ahead to discuss things by the people involved in PR then I'll happily natter away about them, until that time I'm afraid my hands are tied ...

• SI Staff
Waste of time totally pointless.

I'm sorry I can't give out a release date - but beyond indicating that I'm listening and that I'll update you as and when I'm able to there isn't much more I can do unfortunately.

I was just trying to (1) show we do listen/read peoples posts, (2) indicate that the company is well organised and are presently on schedule with our products - however when things aren't entirely under our control it is impossible to post a 100% reliable release date for a product (you might notice that very few iOS games indicate their release dates in advance of them coming out for just this reason).

I apologise if this annoys you - but there is unfortunately little I can do about it.

Gazza, as someone who has helped beta test and develop software in the past, I can tell you that it rarely does a developer any good to pin themselves down to a release date unless they've got massive resources and staff to back them up. Remember what he said: when things aren't entirely under his control, it's not possible to post a 100%, concrete release date. The implication here is that things aren't entirely under his control, therefore, no release date as yet. Not sure what's so difficult about that to understand.

Mr wind be quiet and mind your own business,what Si games need to do is take a leaf out of ea sports who are a top quality company who know what they are doing,they always keep to a release date because they know what they are doing,maybe as you put it if things are not actually under his control maybe someone who is in the know should comment on what Si games are doing,i find it quite remarkable that a company doesn't know what stage there games are at.

Gazza, shut up all you have come on here to do is bitch and that is obvious.

PSP game - They do know but are waiting for QA from SEGA and Sony to pass before releasing a date.

iOS - The Apple submission time varies so they can say "it is in submission" but cannot say when it is going to be released.

• SI Staff

Dec, chill please - Gazza has the right to ask questions, unfortunately its not always possible to answer them.

He is obviously welcome to his own opinion, however I do expect as always that people remain respectful on these forums - thread is closing before it gets out of hand.

Archived