Demo - First impressions

so i've been playing the demo now for longer than i should. i see all these positive posts on this board, good for those people.

to me the very first impression after ten minutes was great. it looks pretty good, but then again, anything that is new has that new feel. reality kicks in when the season start. if i want to sum up my critique it is this: the design is not intuitive. that is a huge thing nowdays for anyone that has any experience with interfaces like windows and android etc, it is actually the most important part. the demo has horrible functionality, it's clumsy. i see that they have tried to make it easy to view player stats. but when you click on the player profile and then further, to go back you use the back button. but then you have to go through all the profile pages to get back to the original hub(transfer window, team tactics etc.). this is just the major design flaw, but the game is littered with things like this. introducing the team talks...that is the weirdest thing, i wonder just how much those things affect the game, it certainly is time consuming and quite unpredictable. how about the opposition instructions? gone are the true advice from the assistant, when you click that option he actually does it himself and you have to unclick every one of them to change it. and the tactics screen is just a mess; the visual tactic is so little it is useless, the individual instructions have their own page so you can't access them quickly.

to me the game mechanics are pretty much exactly the same as fm11. they have only changed cosmetics. they have added a fiew camera angles, maybe sharpened the graphics, added a plethora of dialogue options (but who wants to win matches by words?)

Archived