I hold my hands up, Thank you SI for giving me my mojo back!

As the title says really, But to go into a bit more depth, I really have to say thank you for this, Ive struggeled really badly with the previous 3 versions of FM , But i cant say even just by the Demo how much easier im finding it to navigate to control my team, And especially morale!, And for the first time i have managed to create a tactic that wins that doesnt have to involve *Attacking* Strategy! Thank you :D:applause:

Congrats Roady, I'm still debating on if I want to wait til the final patch and continue on FM11 or just go ahead and try out the demo....I'm really impatient so I know if I try the demo I'm going to be too excited about FM12

Well done, yeah, post more links, i'd love to hear about how you now love the game!! yeah, it deserve a whole new topic just to state how YOU love the game!!

MORE MORE!!!!

Is there really any need for that? If your not interested in the thread topic then dont post in it!

Ive called in sick today, legitimate honest, so im going to give the demo a go, if my little boy allows me any time to of course. Glad you like the game so far mate, hopefully ill agree as i havnt been able to get into FM for 2/3 years now either.

As the title says really, But to go into a bit more depth, I really have to say thank you for this, Ive struggeled really badly with the previous 3 versions of FM , But i cant say even just by the Demo how much easier im finding it to navigate to control my team, And especially morale!, And for the first time i have managed to create a tactic that wins that doesnt have to involve *Attacking* Strategy! Thank you :D:applause:

Why don't you like to attack do youi really want to dfend its no wonder you failed at all the other games as you never set it up right your team, or had the tactics to defend like really what championship team defends week in week out.

also i bet by november you will be on here complaing about the game because it goes wrong for you, you made this thread to soon.

Why don't you like to attack do youi really want to dfend its no wonder you failed at all the other games as you never set it up right your team, or had the tactics to defend like really what championship team defends week in week out.

also i bet by november you will be on here complaing about the game because it goes wrong for you, you made this thread to soon.[/QUOT

Well im in january, Im on a 16 game unbeaten run, In the semis of the carling cup and i play attractive counter attacking football, I dont want to say to my team GUN HO GUN HO GUN HO, Its not realistic to me, Whereas i feel counter attacking football is realistic i can dominate most games i play purely on the basis of defending and keeping the ball well

also i bet by november you will be on here complaing about the game because it goes wrong for you, you made this thread to soon.[/QUOT

Well im in january, Im on a 16 game unbeaten run, In the semis of the carling cup and i play attractive counter attacking football, I dont want to say to my team GUN HO GUN HO GUN HO, Its not realistic to me, Whereas i feel counter attacking football is realistic i can dominate most games i play purely on the basis of defending and keeping the ball well

Yea but set your team to attack not defend teams only defend when they play say man utd, as they know thay may get beat but they defend to at least get a draw or sneak a win, play long ball if your defending

Yea but set your team to attack not defend teams only defend when they play say man utd, as they know thay may get beat but they defend to at least get a draw or sneak a win, play long ball if your defending

Im not playing to defend, Im playing counter attacking football, My team holds onto the ball and breaks, I find it very unrealistic that any manager would set his team to just Attack, I dont like to say to my team "Right attack attack attack", That is not football, I find my teams plays much more possesion football now that it ever has and creates good clear cut chances whilst not sacrificing in the defence.

Your advice, while well intentioned, isn't very good. The central three strategies (Counter, Standard, Control) all balance risk and reward, and are thus good go-to strategies for anyone trying to get a grip on the game. If you want to Attack all the time, you need a very strong (for the level), very fit squad.

Playing long ball in a Defend strategy is only one option. It is OK for a team desperately trying to keep the ball away from goal, or one leaving mobile forwards high who can get onto the clearances and fashion counters. However, a technical team might choose to reduce passing length and simply keep hold of the ball at the back, before working it forward as the other team pushes out to try and win it.

As with real life football, there are so many ways to tactically approach a game. Yours works for you, but it is not the only way, nor necessarily the right way for different formations or squads.

Your advice, while well intentioned, isn't very good. The central three strategies (Counter, Standard, Control) all balance risk and reward, and are thus good go-to strategies for anyone trying to get a grip on the game. If you want to Attack all the time, you need a very strong (for the level), very fit squad.

Playing long ball in a Defend strategy is only one option. It is OK for a team desperately trying to keep the ball away from goal, or one leaving mobile forwards high who can get onto the clearances and fashion counters. However, a technical team might choose to reduce passing length and simply keep hold of the ball at the back, before working it forward as the other team pushes out to try and win it.

As with real life football, there are so many ways to tactically approach a game. Yours works for you, but it is not the only way, nor necessarily the right way for different formations or squads.

Yea i see what your saying but his style won't get him what he wants from the game, as most sides will attack against him and he might not have the right players for his way of playing, he might have players more gifted at attacking attributes but i think if during say the last 30 minutes of most matches if he then set to attack i think he wopuld do better and have at least 10 more points than he does now.

Archived