Can anyone please tell me why?..

I've been downloading the demo since 5pm roughly and as I speak now at 10 past 10 it's estimated to take a further TWENTY-ONE HOURS!!! I'm not a technical person at all but I have a MacBook Pro which isn't a bad laptop by any means at all so why is it taking THIS long!?Thanks in advance!

Unless you're downloading at insane speeds (which you clearly aren't) download speed is relative to your Internet connection bandwidth, not the computer. Do you know how fast your connection is supposed to be?

Cheers mate. The word connection explains it all. Mine, especially tonight on XBOX, has been appalling. It always has been pretty bad but especially tonight. Not sure how fast it's meant to be but I'd have expected form experience it to be max 5-6 hours.

Poor download speeds are always somebody else's responsibility. Like late trains.

ISP...your line is not good.

Owner of line infrastructure...your ISP

A N Other....your computer and its settings.

Steam...all of the above.

SI....Never Steam. Steam is progress.

Saying that, the customer support from SI has been top notch here tonight, and it always is. There's many many companies out there who genuinely just don't care as long as you pay the wonga over.

As an ex-AOL user, and then Talk Talk....those guys really have to be seen to believed for customer support. Unfortunately they're one of many. :D

Just pay up, shut up and be thankful. :)

No way mate a dig at you. We're all in the same boat. Steam gives me 150 b/ps. Nothing I try changes that. Never has. I go to my ISP who can't provide the big in bold download speed they advertise (with subsequent * and disclaimer in very small print) and they blame my location...i.e. the lines around here.

And so on.

We put up with it because "thats just the way it is". Getting mugged by men in suits. I have more respect for a guy downtown peed up who wants to blag my wallet. At least he's honest about it. :D

Archived