How Clubs nationality affects their players' values

I was testing the effects of switching the nationality of a club and i came across something intresting.

When i changed the nationality of Man utd to Scottish, but left them in the EPL the values of the players (excluding those that were signed recently) dropped to almost a tenth of their original value. e.g Cristiano Ronaldo was worth £4.2M.

I thought that it might be linked to league standard or nation reputation, however I made the values for Scotland identical to englands and while it raised the valuations slightly there was still a huge drop.

Probably yet another foible of how much affect "reputation" has in the game. With the exception of the Old Firm, the Scottish league is way inferior to the top Spanish, Italian or English leagues. After Rangers' exploits in Europe this season, their rep may increase, but hopefully this system will be reviewed intensely for FM09 as there are huge problems across the board.

Whenever I sign on as a L1 or Champ club in England, the first place I scout is Scotland. Players who would be worth £2M-5M in England are picked up for 200-750k. Then I go off to Sweden, as they seem to be on a par, which I think is wrong.

Archived