iPad FM10 to FM11

Hi,

I have been playing FM10 on iPad and done all the updates but I still don't think I have FM11 loaded. I can't change the players individual attack/defence quotient mid game and nor can I choose 4 leagues. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? I'll lose all my progress and saved files.

Thank you

• SI Staff
I have been playing FM10 on iPad and done all the updates but I still don't think I have FM11 loaded. I can't change the players individual attack/defence quotient mid game and nor can I choose 4 leagues. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? I'll lose all my progress and saved files.

Football Manager Handheld 2011 (iOS) is a new product and not a free upgrade from the 2010 version of the game; in order to obtain it you'll have to purchase it from the iTunes store I'm afraid.

Just to make sure you're fully informed - Its also important to note that save games from the 2010 version are NOT compatible with the 2011 version of the game, oh and a new 2012 version will be available before christmas.

• SI Staff
So will 2012 be a different purchase also or can it be an upgrade?

Each yearly iteration of our products is generally a new game and requires a purchase (on all platforms).

For the iOS games generally we'll do 4-5 free updates for a version which include fixes, some new features etc. - then we start work on the next years version.

In case you wondered - its not practical to retain save game compatibility between versions because of the scope of changes done and changes in competition formats from year to year.

Will it include free user positions and in-game player control?

A feature list for the new version hasn't been announced yet.

If you mean 'in-game player control' as in playing-FIFA in-match with arcade controls then no that won't be present and wouldn't suit a management game at all imho.

No no. I didn't meant that. I meant the fact that I can make Nani a little more forward in position to Park on the other side, or I can keep Nani as a winger and also Park but I keep Nani more aggressive or goal scoring than Park. Something like that. A bar of aggression for each player or something.

No no. I didn't meant that. I meant the fact that I can make Nani a little more forward in position to Park on the other side, or I can keep Nani as a winger and also Park but I keep Nani more aggressive or goal scoring than Park. Something like that. A bar of aggression for each player or something.

You can set player instructons and positions, eg, you could have Nani as a winger and Park as a Deep Lying Midfielder or Ball Winning Midefielder for example.

• SI Staff
You can set player instructons and positions, eg, you could have Nani as a winger and Park as a Deep Lying Midfielder or Ball Winning Midefielder for example.

Just to clarify - the 'player roles' were added in FMHi 2011 (and aren't present in 2010).

Archived