Demo download options- torrent -v- steam

Well this is the first year we've all be FORCED to download via Steam and I have to say my experience thus far is that Steam is a MASSIVE NO NO.

I got a max d/l speed of 800kb/s. Torrents are anything up to at least 2gb/s.

I have Sky broadband and I'm near an exchange - I've also tweaked Steam as directed to do so...

And to wind me up even more, I got to about 98% downloaded the demo and my d/l drops to 11kb/s!!!

Not good enough SI.

If you're trying to "win" over FM players to Steam (even though we're being forced to download it and have it on our puta's) this aint a good start.

Torrents for me next year please.

also check your settings the download tab check the region your downloading from

I never got more than 150kb/s d/l speeds through steam.

Took me 3 days to d/l Empire:Total War. I kid you not. :D

Then I bought a new computer, all that games library needing re-installing on to new HD. Nah.

whats your connection speed?

also check your settings the download tab check the region your downloading from

whats your connection speed?

Between 1gig to 1.5. I can live with that though. It's not what was sold to me by my ISP, but hey ho. I've had error messages to play after d/ling through steam etc etc. I buy the disc now for any game I want.

It does nark me that I need to contact support, google maybe others who might have the problem as well, know my way round settings to play a game I bought, when even back to CIV 1 years ago I just put the disc in, clicked, waited 10 mins, played.

I am IT thick as though. :D

The only downside of of only steam is those people who want to play the demo and can't because SI can't distribute the demo on countries of Germany, China, and both Koreas.

Am personally pretty disgusted that the demo is only available via Steam. Was prepared to make a decision on whether to try Steam after seeing whether the game is worth it. If I can't even download the demo, as I live in Germany, then the final decision has been made for me.

Archived